Can I buy the Ernie Ball Regular Slinky for by 35" Bass?
Will they work right or do I need to order an extra long scale strings?

Thanks in advance.
In my experience, some B strings have been problematic (some B strings are shorter than the rest). If your bass is strings-thru bridge, it should be fine. If it's thru-body, you MIGHT run into problems, but Slinkies are unsilked, so I don't think it'll be a problem.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I actually put long scales on my Stiletto, and the E string doesn't go into the nut at the proper place...if that makes sense...
Quote by IndianRockStar
They will not work right because they are not Rotosounds.

I jest, It should be fine, an inch isn't THAT much.

this.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have some wierd SG bass that is five strings and 35". I forget the model # I inheirted it so I never knew.

It's through bridge, but I'd rather not potentially waste money, because of the mixed response. Thanks for the help.
dude pics?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Neck dive?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
holy neck dive!!!!

the headstock is almost 1/4 the size as the body...

and what kinda custom bass has an Epiphone neck? who said that was a good idea? I could get an epiphone neck with a bass attached for cheaper.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
From what I could gather It looks like an EB-3 5, but when I looked at that, while it looked the same, but it said that the scale was 34". Mine measures to 35"
If it is an EB-3 5 then it was made around 2000.
epiphone have never been spot on with their scale lengths, i know a guy with a 25" scale les paul and 25.5" sg both of which should be 24.75"
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Are you sure you measured right? You should be measuring from the bottom of the nut (the end that's near the frets, not the tuners) to the point where the string hits the saddle - and keep in mind, with intonation, it's never going to be exact.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Yep, I measured it from the nut to the saddle.
Even so, it feels longer than my Ibanez SRX, which is 34"
That's interesting - it doesn't make sense to me that Gibson would adopt such a fringe 'modern concept' like a 35" scale bass while basically ignoring every other modern upgrade to the instrument.

But it might feel longer because the neck joins the body at about the 19th fret, so the strap button is much closer to the bridge then it would be on other basses (which are around the 12th-14th fret), so the neck is sticking out of the bass much, much farther than other bass' necks do.

But even so, that's a very, very interesting looking bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102