I went to this site and bought 2 sets of these strings: http://stringthis.com/electricnickel.html

They are Martins, which I noticed make mainly acoustic strings.

I put them on my guitar just now and they sound really weird, like an acoustic-y sound. Maybe I'm just not used to the different brand or something (being that the strings I had on before were Rotosounds). The main reason I ordered these strings is because they were really cheap (since they were unpackaged) and I didn't want to go to my nearest guitar store to buy new ones because the owner there is.....strange.

So does anyone know if I bought the correct strings? Because I don't want it to be a waste of 2 whole sets of strings...
YEAH
From a bit of research on their site it seems they do make electric guitar strings. Hard to say if the ones on the site are though. On the site their electric strings are called "darco" strings. Maybe send an email to that site and see if they know.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
im pretty sure you bought electric guitar strings since it sayys "Electric Nickel Electric Guitar Strings....and the guy at the local music store where i live is weird too
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
If they have a higher nickel content you'll get less output.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
have you ever changed strings before? if not, that's just the crisp, bright sound of new strings. drink it in... it doesn't last long
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Rocketface2112
im pretty sure you bought electric guitar strings since it sayys "Electric Nickel Electric Guitar Strings....and the guy at the local music store where i live is weird too

THIS.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by UnsignedRecords
have you ever changed strings before? if not, that's just the crisp, bright sound of new strings. drink it in... it doesn't last long

Exactly what this guy said

The Polyweb coating on my Elixir strings are already muffing out and starting to sound pretty bad
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ok I know it says they're "Electric Guitar Strings" but I wasn't sure at first because the other strings I've changed didn't sound as crisp as these....lol I guess these must be better than my other strings I had on before

(and I have changed strings before by the way)
YEAH