Hey guys. I have a body, and neck, and a bridge. The bridge is a Badass-style wraparound, and I plan on going the bolt-on route just because I'm not keen on building a dovetail joint for a set-in. Is the bridge I have going to work, or will the neck angle be all wrong? Thank you in advance.
Quote by telekaster78
Hey guys. I have a body, and neck, and a bridge. The bridge is a Badass-style wraparound, and I plan on going the bolt-on route just because I'm not keen on building a dovetail joint for a set-in. Is the bridge I have going to work, or will the neck angle be all wrong? Thank you in advance.
I'm not sure, but I know that every bolt-on guitar I've ever seen with a Tune-O-Matic or Stopbar tailpiece has either had the bridge recessed or had a neck pocket angle.
I think you would just have to angle the neck pocket so it's about 3 degrees.. Then it should be all good.

I'm not 100% sure though, as I've never built a guitar with a neck angle before, I'm just stating what I've read before.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by HighPotency
Well this is a bass i'm guessing.

What?..

Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by HighPotency
Well this is a bass i'm guessing.

FAIL!

In all seriousness though. You do need either a 3 degree neck angle or recess the bridge. Either one works fine and dandy
recess the bridge, itll be easier
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I know it seems like a stupid question on the face of it, but how far would I have to recess the bridge?