...and i'm a little bit annoyed. The only main reason I got braces was because I wanted to fix this gap I had in between my two front teeth. I kept these braces on for a little over a year and they were still a tad bit seperated. Not as much as before, not even close to what it used to be, but it's still a small gap. When I walked into the orthodontist's room I told him that I don't know if we should take them off yet because I still have this little gap. He said that the retainer should fix it back up, or something like that. So I got the braces removed and the molding for my retainer done, but i'm still somewhat sketchy towards this "retainer fixing it" deal. From my knowledge, retainers just make your teeth stay in place the same way you had them since you took off your braces.

So my question is what should I do if the retainer doesn't fix the gap? Is there anything else I could do to fix this thing?
You know, he IS an orthodontist.
If for whatever reason the orthodontist is wrong, you could get braces again, which I'm sure you'd just love to do.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Sep 11, 2008,
Maybe s/he whistles S's now! that'd be awesome sweet.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
its a little gap who gives a damn? are you a girl?

Me. The person who payed an ass load of cash to fix the damned thing.
Quote by StewieGriffin93
You mean like that?

Precisely!
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Quote by bob farrell
Well...it fixed it. Maybe not all the way, but it still fixed it.

Again...

Get the fuck over it.
It feels good to have said the only even remotely helpful thing in this thread.
Quote by dylpikle9
It feels good to have said the only even remotely helpful thing in this thread.

I helped someone else.. So I said something nice too!
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Quote by bob farrell
Quote by StewieGriffin93
once again, TS, your doing it wrong.

Once again, your grammar sucks ass juice.

TS: I don't know if you just got a normal retainer but if you got one of those clear things I think that they can actually realign your teeth in addition to keeping them in place. One of these things.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Once again, your grammar sucks ass juice.

TS: I don't know if you just got a normal retainer but if you got one of those clear things I think that they can actually realign your teeth in addition to keeping them in place. One of these things.

lol wut u thikn my grammer iz bad?
Quote by RU Experienced?
One of these things.

Those things suck.
Well mine did, anyway.
They get all disgusting after months and mine broke twice..
_________
________
_______
______
_____
____
___
__
_
before and after pics?
just for fun
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
And I'm not saying this just to say it. I've had a gap in my teeth since third grade. And what did I do after about a year? I got over it. Who cares?! People worry about image too much these days...pisses me off.
Quote by DevoidElite
Those things suck.
Well mine did, anyway.
They get all disgusting after months and mine broke twice..

Yeah, they are pretty nasty
I got mine off 20ish days ago and my front tooth to the left was out of place. I got the clear retainer. Just wear it all the time, only take it off to eat. It fixed mine it will fix yours.
Edit:Assuming you want a time until your teeth are straight I'll say a week at the most. /thread
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
I never bothered to get braces. I have a sizable gap between my teeth, but I really don't mind. I can whistle through it too, it's fun if I'm bored.
I got mine off today to.

He put in this steel wire along the back of my front teeth. I think it has to stay there for a year.

And yeah the retainer can still move your teeth. I had one in like grade 4 for this reason.
It's all good man...I had to wear this shit to fix the gap between my teeth..and when they took it off it didn't even fix it...****..all those years of humiliation for nothing..

^ haha thats a great movie. yeah i have a gap too. i haven't had braces though.
To TS how much did they cost? you mentioned you had them for a little more than a year?
The retainer will fix it. They can be tightened and stuff so that they move your teeth
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Bam,got my braces off 2 months ago,there was a tiny gap left,got retainers,they fixed it and then my dog ate them,there for the moral of the story is dont have pets and stop complaining.
a little lost.....
I wanna change my post to SUCK IT UP and post a new picture instead:

I cant close my teeth at all, and I am happy as a fish in a bowl to not have somthing like that to grow out of my face ....yet...
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Hey, I just recently got mine off, too.
But what my ortho did was glue this metal thing on the back of my two front teeth to hold them together, you know, forever.
You probably had a dodgy doctor. >_>
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.