Hey guys, I've been lurking on this board for quite awhile and recently decided to be a part of this great community. I was mainly a collector and still am, but recently started learning how to play and hoping one day to join the ranks of some of the people on here.

Anyways, my dealer called me this morning around 10:20AM to tell me one of my guitars I ordered had just came in. Within maybe fifteen minutes I was there to check out my new baby (this one is one I purchased to play and not collecting purpose). I went into one of their office (I have a pretty close relationship with the store manager and they pretty much let me roam around anywhere inside the store). Brought along an amp from the store(also the one I use at home), nothing special, just a Fender Blues Junior in Yellow Tweed and played it a bit. I must say WOW! Amazing, amazing, amazing! I LOVE the sound and it really is a player's guitar. I'm just glad that I told them to get both the Wild Mint and Vintage Cherry color, because when the vintage Cherry comes in, I will buy it as my back up! And if you have not fitured out by now which guitar I'm talking about, it's the PRS Mira. To make things short, here's some pics of the guitar (this is the Wild Mint one):

Last edited by Ruf993Turbo at Sep 11, 2008,
I have the same reaction to when I saw the cover of that one guitar world buyers guide magazine with a chick on the front

Dude, a mira? Why a Mira?

sorry, I mean it probably sounds great, but mira's aren't my fav lol. Congrats tho
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
though I"m not really a fan of the shape, I agree with you, they play and sound amazing!
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by TomD03
I have the same reaction to when I saw the cover of that one guitar world buyers guide magazine with a chick on the front

Dude, a mira? Why a Mira?

sorry, I mean it probably sounds great, but mira's aren't my fav lol. Congrats tho

My same thoughts exactly. PRS's are pieces of crap, but this was all I could afford...

On a more serious note, I love the color....just beautiful and the feel of it in my hands, it was perfect. I just knew this was the one I needed to be playing with.

The '09 Guitar Guide you're speaking of, I have the same mag. I believe it's Holly Madison on the cover holding the Mira.

Something I didn't know about this is that if the store didn't have the PRS Mira in stock (luckily my dealer had ONE in their whole chain of stores, and they are a big one...I won't mention any names since it might be against the rules, but you should be able to guess from that), the store would have to call PRS and they are made to order and would of taken 2-4 months to get one. The Vintage Cherry is a bit easier to get and they had a few in their network, but that one was at a store on the east coast so it's taking a bit longer to get here.
Beautiful guitar man, congrats on a fine purchase. I gotta ask though, how did you start collecting guitars having never learned to play?
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
Beautiful guitar man, congrats on a fine purchase. I gotta ask though, how did you start collecting guitars having never learned to play?

I collect many things for investment purposes (long term) and one of my friends who's a huge blues/jazz lover got me into it. I did a little research and thought it was worthwhile. Long term wise, my three highest return investment I would have to say would be: real estate, high-end timepieces (Patek Phillippe, LTD Ed. Audemars Piguest ROOs, and vintage sport Rolexes) and a select number of guitars. There are a lot of great short-term investments also, but that's a whole other story...

BTW: I fixed the link to the collection list in my signature if any of you are interested in what other guitars I have. They are mainly Fender Custom Shops, but I'm starting to eye some more Gibsons. My dealer are searching for a few for me including one with BB King's signature w/ documentations of course.
Quote by Ruf993Turbo
I collect many things for investment purposes (long term) and one of my friends who's a huge blues/jazz lover got me into it. I did a little research and thought it was worthwhile. Long term wise, my three highest return investment I would have to say would be: real estate, high-end timepieces (Patek Phillippe, LTD Ed. Audemars Piguest ROOs, and vintage sport Rolexes) and a select number of guitars. There are a lot of great short-term investments also, but that's a whole other story...

BTW: I fixed the link to the collection list in my signature if any of you are interested in what other guitars I have. They are mainly Fender Custom Shops, but I'm starting to eye some more Gibsons. My dealer are searching for a few for me including one with BB King's signature w/ documentations of course.

wut
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Ruf993Turbo

Ah ok makes sense. Hopefully at some point in my life I can afford to have a real collection, I would probably play them all though. Guitars have a really cool quality about them, almost like a samurai sword or something. Each one has a unique feel and personality.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
Ah ok makes sense. Hopefully at some point in my life I can afford to have a real collection, I would probably play them all though. Guitars have a really cool quality about them, almost like a samurai sword or something. Each one has a unique feel and personality.

When I decided I was going to start investing in guitars and went into the store. Everyone thought I was crazy buying 3 Custom shop Fenders at once and not know how to play a note on a guitar, they probably still think I'm crazy..... It's ok though, I'm sure they're only nice to me because I spend so much damn money there I'm JK. They actually invited me to come hang out a couple of times, but due to my busy schedule I haven't had a chance. This weekend though, I'll be hanging out with them. The manager of the store is in a local bad and he's playing this weekend so we're going to head there to cheer him on and have a couple of cold ones
you have a dealer? sounds like drugs, lol.

excellent guitar, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is it as good as people say it is?

I have no doubt it's a fine instrument, but I read reviews that praise it as the most amazing guitar of our time. Guitar World said stuff like "If I had to play one guitar for the rest of my life, it would be the Mira". Is it really that amazing?