So does this work for everyone? Worldwide?

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/au
(only picked Austraila as an example)

I just now started to play with this worldwide and it does seem to pull up gear for sale in other countries but it is hit and miss. Some is even posted in native language - hense I can't read it.

I'm curious what others overseas are seeing? Does it work for you on a LOCAL level? Can you find gear?

I found Strats in Japan and Fenders in Isreal. What's bad imo is that there are a lot of listings that are actually for gear back in the States which isn't fair.

Find the site. Pick your Country our City. Then go to For Sale column and select Musical Instruments. You can then search on Amp or Electric Guitar or Flute or whatever. It is a great concept that is widely adopted here in US so I hope it catches on everywhere...especially in places like Australia that really need it. Even if you have to pay shipping.

Please tell if this works for you.

(Edit for clarity)

311zoso
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 12, 2008,
I don't see what you're getting at here, but I went to craigslist london, did a search for Fender, came up with about 10 links for items in London.

Tried it with NY out of interest and it all seemed to be in the US, so what are you trying to say?

But yes it would be nice if more people outside the US should use Craigslist, I get so jealous when someone across the pond finds a great deal a couple of streets away
All I found for Finland was spam. Did a search for guitar in Finnish, and found one spam (location Australia) which was ran through a poor web translator.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
What exactly are you getting at?

The fact that you can search other countries? Been doing that since I started using Craigslist, just for lulz.

Shoot, you made it seem like there was a new global search option, which while useful, would be a clutter ****.
yeah, it was late and i didn't create my thread quite the way I wanted. For example, I realize that NY was in US but was just trying to get the link up.

I guess I had never noticed the International listings or didn't pay attention until several weeks ago. Plus I've never seen anyone on here refer to Craigslist internationally except maybe for Canada.

So I was curious if anyone overseas has used it with any success and whether or not it is worth recommending.
I have a feeling it's just what Australia needs! It hasn't caught on nearly as much internationally but forums like ours and a ton of others are certainly spreading the word. Sure beats the heII outta flea-bay.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah, it was late and i didn't create my thread quite the way I wanted. For example, I realize that NY was in US but was just trying to get the link up.

I guess I had never noticed the International listings or didn't pay attention until several weeks ago. Plus I've never seen anyone on here refer to Craigslist internationally except maybe for Canada.

So I was curious if anyone overseas has used it with any success and whether or not it is worth recommending.

Yeah it's not really caught on outside the US, and perhaps Canada, as far as I know.

Would love it to, though.
In England try Gumtree
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
In England try Gumtree

Isn't Gumtree just for flats?
Edit: Cool, just checked it out.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So does this work for everyone? Worldwide?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/

I just now started to play with this worldwide and it does seem to pull up gear for sale in other countries but it is hit and miss. Some is even posted in native language - hense I can't read it.

I'm curious what others overseas are seeing? Does it work? Can you find gear?

I found Strats in Japan and Fenders in Isreal. What's bad imo is that there are a lot of listings that are actually for gear back in the States which isn't fair.

Find the site. Pick your Country our City. Then go to For Sale column and select Musical Instruments. You can then search on Amp or Electric Guitar or Flute or whatever. It is a great concept that is widely adopted here in US so I hope it catches on everywhere...especially in places like Australia that really need it. Even if you have to pay shipping.

Please tell if this works for you.

311zoso

I think you have kind of misunderstood why there are so many different locations on craigslist. When you first get to the site you click on the location your in. This doesnt mean people in europe are going to ship you gear from their ads to you or people in brazil. Some might but craigslist isnt really set up for this kind of thing. More just local locations for everyone to find local ads. I'm not sure if this was what you were saying but ya.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
^yeah I realize it is for local purposes only. I recommend craigslist all the time to a TS if in the States but wondered if it was a valuable tool for people that are not in the US.

again, for them to search and buy locally.

Because if not, I wanted to create a database of URLs that do work well.