Ok guys... its late and i got homework due first period tomorrow. One problem, i didnt understand it today when our teacher went over it. Physics is a pretty easy subject and im sure there is a pit monkey out there that can do it with ease. Please help me out. Here is the first problem :

A car traveling intially at +7.o m/s accelerates uniformly at the rate of +.80 m/s(squared) for a distance of 245 m.

a. What is its velocity at the end of the acceleration?
b. What is its velocity after it accelerates for 125m?
c. What is its velocity after it accelerates for 67m?

Id rather have an explanation than an answer. I got 4 more after this, but i figure if u help me figure out this then ill get the rest.
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
All three questions can be answered with the following formula:

v^2 = u^2 + 2as (v=final velocity, u=initial velocity, a=acceleration and s=distance)

Have fun!
I was going to say it was daft judgement to come here asking for help in this subject, but you have proven me wrong, jazz.
Quote by goest
I was going to say it was daft judgement to come here asking for help in this subject, but you have proven me wrong, jazz.

Always happy to help!
Quote by jazz71286
All three questions can be answered with the following formula:

v^2 = u^2 + 2as (v=final velocity, u=initial velocity, a=acceleration and s=distance)

Have fun!

thank you good kind sir!
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101

Douche bag.
nice +1 to jazzhe beat me to it and im a phys minor ts
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Damn beaten too it
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
lol i gots it dont worry... but one more quick question! if Vf= 15.9 m/s how do i find how long it takes to travel 55m

edit: i dont just divide do i lol
Quote by Union Jake

Quote by fenderfreak101

Douche bag.
Last edited by Cato_60 at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Cato_60
lol i gots it dont worry... but one more quick question! if Vf= 15.9 m/s how do i find how long it takes to travel 55m

Use the formula below and re-arrange to find t:

v = u + at

EDIT: Oops sorry, I'm at work at didnt read that through. Use the formula below and find t

s = ut + 1/2at^2
Last edited by jazz71286 at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by jazz71286
Use the formula below and re-arrange to find t:

v = u + at

thanks again
Quote by Union Jake

Quote by fenderfreak101

Douche bag.
I studied all 3 sciences, did my Maths GCSE a year early, and studied Further Maths at A-Level.

Pity me Biatch!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I studied all 3 sciences, did my Maths GCSE a year early, and studied Further Maths at A-Level.

Pity me Biatch!

Ehh, right after I name three hydrocarbons and all of their isomers, explain electrophoresis in detail and find the torque, angular acceleration and angular velocity of a gyroscope rotating at 2/3radians per second.

Quote by goest
I went to public school! PITY ME!!!!

I'm still at a public school.

But not for much longer.
Dude...the answer is obviously Twelve and 3/4. Come on!

EDIT: Shit...I guess I was kinda screwed over considering my school was in the middle of nowhere...that's probably why higher-ranked classes necessitating a greater grasp of the concepts being taught were never really available. Not that I'd want to take them, anyway. Nope, it's all music for this fella.
Quote by soulflyV
Ehh, right after I name three hydrocarbons and all of their isomers, explain electrophoresis in detail and find the torque, angular acceleration and angular velocity of a gyroscope rotating at 2/3radians per second.

....... I was with you up to "ehh".

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by soulflyV
The only thing they don't teach is welding.

Seriously? And they call it a school..... Kids these days don't learn anything!

*shakes head sadly*
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by hiphopopotamus
My physics teacher told me that the science he was teaching was a lie. We just played ping pong in the back of the lab anyway. I wonder if he ever got fired..

I'm still there playing ping pong. Glad to know you think of me.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Our teacher teaches us using cross words and word searches.... He doesn't even know how to spell his own subject. He spelled it PHISICS, instead of PHYSICS
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand