I just bought a metal muff, but have no idea how to eq. What do i do to my amp eq? do i use both eqs, or leave one of them in the middle so the other one does the work?

I just cant seem to get a sound right, because I have no Idea what to do with 2 eqs.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
It's a solid state line 6 spider so I really don't mind what happpens lol
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
my suggestion is to set your amps EQ flat at 5 (12 o'clock). Dial the rest of the amp and guitar to that. Then plug in EQ pedal and scoop or flatten or sine wave or whatever.

then reQ your amp if necessary and go from there.
The amp is making weird noises when the Muff is turned on. It sounds like it's on the neck pickup but a bit phasey. I have no idea how to stop it, I've tried countless combos of EQ but just can't seem to find the right one.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I think I should stop using the Muff, I think I'm fuzzing up the speaker.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
The Metal Muff is a great pedal but I'm not sure that Line 6 Spiders (which are modelling amps) "accept" pedals very well. I would start with the amp and pedal eqs flat at 5 and then adjust the pedal eqs to get a tone that you like. The eq on the muff is pretty sensitive in my experience. You could also try bypassing the presets on the Line 6 - you do this by turning the amp on whilst holding down the tap/tuner button (if memory serves me right).
Ok - I'll just check the above for Muff jokes
Quote by metalhead64
The Metal Muff is a great pedal but I'm not sure that Line 6 Spiders (which are modelling amps) "accept" pedals very well. I would start with the amp and pedal eqs flat at 5 and then adjust the pedal eqs to get a tone that you like. The eq on the muff is pretty sensitive in my experience. You could also try bypassing the presets on the Line 6 - you do this by turning the amp on whilst holding down the tap/tuner button (if memory serves me right).
Ok - I'll just check the above for Muff jokes

I tried bypassing the presets and it sounds a whole lot better!

Now I just need to find the right EQ settings on the pedal and I'll be fine!

Thanks everyone for their help
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Ok big problem.

I'm pretty sure my guitar is electricuting me. The tips of my loose ring and "the bird" finger feel like they have just been shocked. I know it would be an epic way to die, but I just got my muff.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
sounds like it might be a grounding issue with guitar

what guitar is it?

i'm signing off so good luck. there shoud be a black wire inside that should be grounded/soldered to something non-electric. In my strat it is a black wire that comes out the back and is soldered to the spring claw for bridge. if you can't find it or can't solder then take it to a tech. i suppose it could be something else but that is most likely it.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by zacharydak
Ok big problem.

I'm pretty sure my guitar is electricuting me. The tips of my loose ring and "the bird" finger feel like they have just been shocked. I know it would be an epic way to die, but I just got my muff.

:stickpoke

Oh dear *takes hat off*
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
yeah you ought to have that to someone if you dont want to fix it your self, as said grounding issue probs.
Quote by zacharydak
Ok big problem.

Its a sign from god telling you to get rid of the spider and the metal muff... I would heed his warning...
Ya dead mon?
(reference anyone? )
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
He's not replied for ages
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah