Hi guys. have this really annoying problem that when I brake with my disc brake on the rear it's extremely loud. Like enough to scare small children and peoples girlfriends. I dunno WTF wrong with it.

It's a Quad QHD-1 With a hayes-nine rotor

Thanks in advanced
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
^ i don't have a quad, but i can pretty much fix anything on a mount. bike. idk there might be uneven ware on the disc or something. just a guess, my dad would probably know. lol
I have put my pads and disc was trued both about 4 weeks ago... And theres no uneven ware thats visable to the eye. Had it of and put a straight edge on it.

Is it to do with it gripping too much?

And guiTardif123: Can you ask your dad please? I am totally clueless!

The brake sounds really stupid on my DH runs and my jumping.
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
I ride BMX and i know rim brakes are probably way different but for me i get a really loud noise if ma rim is to sticky because the pads vibrate really fast againts the rim. Maybe you cleaned it with some washing up liquid or somthing that made it sticky? Not to sure though
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by dr.hairynuts
I ride BMX and i know rim brakes are probably way different but for me i get a really loud noise if ma rim is to sticky because the pads vibrate really fast againts the rim. Maybe you cleaned it with some washing up liquid or somthing that made it sticky? Not to sure though

if you the toe in on the brake pads right they don't squale

^
     |
     |
  forward

WWW <- wheel
 \  WWW  /
  \ WWW / 
   \WWW/   <- brake pad

just a subtle difference, like less than 1mm

set them up so that the front part hits the rim before the back part if reference to the rotating wheel

no idea if this is the same issue with disc brakes
edit: google says its not, and squalling is either brake pads that haven't been broken in or an out of true disc
Last edited by seljer at Sep 11, 2008,
Damn. This is really tricky. Ima gonna try to clean the disc with some ethanol and then burn it off. Hope that helps clean it..... It's just so god damn noisy. XD
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand