Well Pit, this one is simple. What is a favorite band? Is it reserved for one band, or more then one? Is it a band you listen to all the time, or just understand and relate to their music?

I personally think you can have more then one favorite. Its a band you understand and relate to musically and enjoy listening to. Of course, I couldn't listen to JUST Coheed and Cambria every day though.

What is your opinion on it?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Well Pit, this one is simple. What is a favorite band? Is it reserved for one band, or more then one? Is it a band you listen to all the time, or just understand and relate to their music?

I personally think you can have more then one favorite. Its a band you understand and relate to musically and enjoy listening to. Of course, I couldn't listen to JUST Coheed and Cambria every day though.

What is your opinion on it?

Yes you can. I've gone weeks just listening to it all...it never gets boring.
I have all four CD's, and I couldn't spend that long doing it. Props to you for that though. I can listen at all 4 once but after that nah.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
I have all four CD's, and I couldn't spend that long doing it. Props to you for that though. I can listen at all 4 once but after that nah.

It's mostly due to the fact that the musicianship is just amazing. Every time I listen, I find a new, subtle nuance that I hadn't noticed before, and it makes me giddy.
To quote Chuck Klosterman, "I love KISS because the world makes sense when I think about them."

Seems like a reasonable explanation for a favorite band.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
To quote Chuck Klosterman, "I love KISS because the world makes sense when I think about them."

Seems like a reasonable explanation for a favorite band.

Definitely, if music can help you understand your life and the world it's a great thing.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
in my eyes a favorate band is one you prefer above others in my case AC/DC but favorites are bands that you prefer more than others in my case Metallica,Led Zeppelin,ect (sorry about spelling)
IMA SOCIETY DWELLING MOTHER F*CKER

UGS representitive shroudy monk
Quote by devourke
your momis a favourite band.

oh he did not just do that.

am i popular now?

No.

I love Dream Theater because they are complex, they never get boring and they ALWAYS like to experiment with different ideas/musical formulas. The fact that the music they write can be so beautiful too just shows that you don't have to play fast to be respected/looked up to.

That is why I call Dream Theater my favorite band.