Page 1 of 2
So Im planning on doing an experiment tomorrow
I'll draw a little swastika on my hand with sharpy and see how many people go" OMG NAZI LUL WTF" since most people don't know that the swastika is actually used by the Buddhist way before the nazis did.
I doubt I would get in trouble since I would just be like "oh im a Buddhist so I get why im in trouble"

DIScuss !
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Oh, aren't you cool? It was reversed.

EDIT:

Draw that instead if you want to so badly.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
You're probably going to get in trouble.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Abe Knuckleball
I hope a big black guy sits on your face.

I don't think forcing him to toss salad is gonna help anybody.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by theocao
I'll draw a little swastika on my hand with sharpy and see how many people go" OMG NAZI LUL WTF" since most people don't know that the swastika is actually used by the Buddhist way before the nazis did.
I doubt I would get in trouble since I would just be like "oh im a Buddhist so I get why im in trouble"

DIScuss !

1. aren't you bloody special?
2. It's also used by Slavic Pagans, it's an old symbol that's found in more than just buddhist culture.
3. If you're not actually a buddhist, then you're more of an immature bastard than initially shows

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Well Why would I get in trouble If white kids and Mexicans can wear crosses and have pictures of the virgin mary on their shirts why can't I have a Buddhist swastika?
Quote by Stress Cow
Quote by Abe Knuckleball
I hope a big black guy sits on your face.

But seriously, you're stupid.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
its a occult symbol, of the sun, very esoteric.
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Good idea. If people say anything u can say the are being prejudice against ur religion.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
You're an idiot. Pretty much everyone associates the swastika with German Naziism so you'd look pretty stupid wearing a swastika when you aren't buddhist and no one really associates the swastika with buddhism anyways. I hope a jew beats your ass.

EDIT: I didn't know you were buddhist. It still sounds like a bad idea though. It sounds like you just wanna piss people off, which is probably what would happen if a black person or a jewish person were to see your little swastika drawing. I think you'd be hard pressed at finding someone that believes that the reason you drew a swastika was because you're buddhist.
Peepee on yo tittays
Last edited by misty_b at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
1. aren't you bloody special?
2. It's also used by Slavic Pagans, it's an old symbol that's found in more than just buddhist culture.
3. If you're not actually a buddhist, then you're more of an immature bastard than initially shows

Im actually a buddhist and Im asian so I doubt I would piss of people that much since I don't look like some skin head
I just used the Buddhist example cause most people think it was created by nazis.
I just want to see how many people are going yell out at me and say nazi.
Quote by Stress Cow
To hell with your hand, no one is gonna notice it there, draw it right on your forehead, Manson style. Then you will really look like one crazy motherf*cker
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Go for it...too many symbols, particulary that of a religious nature, are misinterpreted these days and it is good to parody that fact!
I'm Sam
The Buddist style is done backwards, the acctual design used by the Nazis comes from the Norse religion and is the symbol of the God Thor and his hammer. The Nazis used it for 2 reasons:
1) As it is a very powerful symbol and very memerable and recognizable
2) To represent the Blitzkreig battle tactic used by them (and almost every other country) in the second world war.

You will most certainly get into trouble for it though
Swastikas were used by German Nazi's during WWII.

However, a similar symbol was used by Buddhist monks waaaay before the Nazi's adopted it. It was sometimes reversed and most likely had a different name. It is also used in other religions like Hinduism.

Also, you haven't given any reason as to why you would put one on your hand other than you want attention...so cut it out.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
personally i think that the swastika is the least of the positive symbols that the nazis attached a negative stigma to. Thanks to Hitler it's impossible to wear a Charlie Chaplin mustache, and I don't think it's fair to the mustache.
Quote by misty_b
You're an idiot. Pretty much everyone associates the swastika with German Naziism so you'd look pretty stupid wearing a swastika when you aren't buddhist and no one associates the swastika with buddhism anyways. I hope a jew beats your ass.

actually I AM A buddhist
and some of my christian friends know that the swastika is used by Buddhist cause their not Ignorant assholes.
Quote by Stress Cow
why can't I have a Buddhist swastika?

because your not a buddhist maby?? a buddhist wouldnt go about deliberatly trying to piss people off for a reaction. nor would anyone with anyrespect for there familys and countrys dead that fought against the nazis, not even mentioning the genocide yet
Im all outa signature
This just seems like you want to try and prove your "superior" intelligence...GTFO!
Quote by theocao
Im actually a buddhist and Im asian so I doubt I would piss of people that much since I don't look like some skin head
I just used the Buddhist example cause most people think it was created by nazis.
I just want to see how many people are going yell out at me and say nazi.

if you're a buddhist that's different, I'm just annoyed by people wearing symbols that they either don't know the meaning of, or wear it for no particular reason other than "it looks cool" but really has nothing to do with them

I still think it's a pretty immature thing to do, and rather pointless.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
This is the most stupid idea ever. I understand that it makes sense in a context other than Nazism, but that is the common usage, and everyone will assume that it is a reference to Nazism because it is an extremely recognisable piece of symbology.

Provoking people into thinking you're a racist is a pretty bad idea, plus you can get yourself expelled from your school and arrested.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I drew a really small one with orange highlighter last week and like 5 Mexicans are like omg your a nazi but I'll make sure to wear write Buddhist swastika one my hand.
Quote by Stress Cow
Seriously, let it go. It's stupid, immature and childish. I have extreme doubts as to your Buddhist faith, considering I've met people who switch religions and political ideologies every two god damned seconds, and you match them in description. I hate you.
ull get in trouble

you ****ing retard
My Gear

Dime Razorback Explosion
Line 6 75w half stack
Dean MLX EMG-hz
Line 6 30w combo
In some ancient societies, the erect male penis was seen as a sign of fertility and strength. Why not draw one of those on your face, and explain that "actually, the phallus is a sign of fertility and strength, and I am by no mean declaring I am a dickhead" - it'll get you laughed at rather than a possible kicking with your swastika idea...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Well actually People do more immature things at my school but
I doubt that I'd get in any trouble since I'm a Buddhist I can jsut tell them that
I doubt they'd suspended me since its my religion and since I live in America no very constitutional and such.
Quote by Stress Cow
I hope you like getting raped, that's all that gonna happen. I'd probably say that more than 80% of people are gonna associate it with nazism and one of them is bound to punch you in the face a fair few times for the fact that you have it on you.

Stupid idea, stupider person
its a different symbol. and a normal swastika has a bad connotation to eat because it accompanied bad things. simple as that. but again, completely different symbols.
Your ideas for getting out of trouble are incredibly flimsy. It's still in no way whatsoever a "cool" idea. Stop trying to exploit something that is already well-known.
Last edited by goest at Sep 11, 2008,
Just no

You're only doing it to get a rise out of people, a lot of people know it's not rooted in nazism, but they'd probably find it pretty offensive anyway, you ass

i can just imagine it now

Others: OMG you have a nazi symbol
You: LOL, No, its buddist, how did you not know that
*massive smug grin*
*probable ass beating for you*

honestly, grow up
Quote by theocao
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Well actually People do more immature things at my school but
I doubt that I'd get in any trouble since I'm a Buddhist I can jsut tell them that
I doubt they'd suspended me since its my religion and since I live in America no very constitutional and such.

But that's not the point- you may not get into trouble, but you're wearing that symbol to provoke people and cause trouble, instead of for its true Buddhist meaning, which is an insult to our faith and a stupid immature idea.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by theocao
I drew a really small one with orange highlighter last week and like 5 Mexicans are like omg your a nazi but I'll make sure to wear write Buddhist swastika one my hand.

What language are you speaking by the way?
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by rabidguitarist
But that's not the point- you may not get into trouble, but you're wearing that symbol to provoke people and cause trouble, instead of for its true Buddhist meaning, which is an insult to our faith and a stupid immature idea.

+ 100
Quote by theocao
Well Why would I get in trouble If white kids and Mexicans can wear crosses and have pictures of the virgin mary on their shirts why can't I have a Buddhist swastika?

If you are not Buddhist...then you shouldn't do it. However, when I was in High School, they had a rule, where you can't wear anything depicting Satanism or Pagan beliefs. I wore a shirt with a big Sigil of Baphomet on the front of it around, and they tried to suspend me. I was and still am a Satanist, so I argued and threatened to take them to court. Eventually, after having my uncle pose as a lawyer,(he was going to law school at the time) they removed the rule from the school. I hear it's back now though, probably because I'm gone and they're going to try to force their beliefs on everyone again.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
I think that would be an experiment a la Brainiak cos' you'll end up in a lot of pain, like Brainiaks.

I am not hoping you will by any means, I just think the idea of the experiment is amusing.

It will just go to prove that is a dick takes something good he can make something bad out of it and wipe out it's good meaning.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by theocao

DIScuss !

You're wrong. The Nazi Swastika took its basis from an ancient Buddhist symbol, but that symbol itself was not the same. Your experiment therefore has no control. You fail.
Quote by bassboy 999
You're wrong. The Nazi Swastika took its basis from an ancient Buddhist symbol, but that symbol itself was not the same. Your experiment therefore has no control. You fail.

You mean like when hippies took the "No Atom" sign and converted it to the modern more known "peace" sign?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 2