As the title says really. Im looking for a new small sized lead just for my practice amp. Im currently using a cheapy cheap one which is starting to make noise when its moving. I was looking at the Monster cables? They any good?

Cheers
Quote by Final !mpact
Jesus Christ its just a cable. Anyone will do, just don't cheap out and buy a crap one.

Not entirely right. Good cables are loss prone to breaking, make less noise and keep the signal more or less intact. Monster Cables/Planet Waves/Vovox are good ones.
Quote by Goldenglove
Not entirely right. Good cables are loss prone to breaking, make less noise and keep the signal more or less intact. Monster Cables/Planet Waves/Vovox are good ones.

Yes but what i was saying is that having a specific brand wouldn't make you suddenly sound amazing... Cheap cables give you heaps of noise and wont last as long.
Just go out and buy one with a price tag thats slightly higher than a cheap one. Don't go overboard and spend £100 on a cable, just don't expect a good one for £10 either
Quote by Final !mpact
Jesus Christ its just a cable. Anyone will do, just don't cheap out and buy a crap one.

no.

cleartone. cheaper than planetwaves, but they have van damme cable and neutrik jacks (and sound a million times better). They're pro quality leads, for bargain basement prices- ridiculously good value. You can get one easily for under a tenner, and it'll be the best tenner you ever spent on guitar gear.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html (postage is £3, i think)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Final !mpact
Yes but what i was saying is that having a specific brand wouldn't make you suddenly sound amazing... Cheap cables give you heaps of noise and wont last as long.

yes, it will. the difference i noticed on going from planetwaves, horizon etc. (all about £20) to cleartone (at less than a tenner) was of a similar magnitude (maybe slightly less) to a pickup swap. it was noticeable, and it wasn't a subtle difference, everything just sounded "better".

Quote by JackalUK
Just go out and buy one with a price tag thats slightly higher than a cheap one. Don't go overboard and spend £100 on a cable, just don't expect a good one for £10 either

cleartone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use dimarzio cables... they haven't broken yet.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Are Cleartones still UK-only?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i have no idea. i think they probably ship outside the UK, but you probably need to email them for prices.

i know UK postage is £3 under a £50 order, or £8 for more than a £50 order (if you go over £50, just do a couple of separate orders, it'll save postage, lol). assuming prices haven't changed since i ordered mine a month or two ago.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?