Come on Pit lets hear life ruining stories that have happened to people.

and ruined their life.

i'm in a sadistic mood tonight, give me your worst.
Quote by goest
Apparently, life sucks in the WhitesnakeMom household...

+1

At 16 my mate, a golfer, was playing off scratch. (For those that don't know, it means no handicap, just like the Pro's). He won the Nick Faldo Junior Series Trohpy aswell. If he would have carried on he probably would have turned Professional.

But we discovered drinking at 16, and started going out to clubs and pubs at weekends, and we kept on pressuring him to join us. So he'd come out with us on a friday and saturday night when he was meant to be golfing the following morning. As a result he used to golf hungover, and slowly lost abit of form.

So technically, you could say we stopped my mate from becoming a professional golfer because we made him come out drinking.
Quote by goest

+1

Seriously dude, I was just reading that sh*t, and it's real messed up! Why would a kid assault his babysitter and then yell 'UG FTW'? And to top all that, his mom comes to the Pit to tell us all about it.
Heh thats sad of you but not really life ruining. When I think life ruining I expect someone to say that have cancer and 2 weeks to live, stuffing up a career choice isnt really anything
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by goest

?
Shine a little light on this for me, will you?

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by rocker_01
+1

Seriously dude, I was just reading that sh*t, and it's real messed up! Why would a kid assault his babysitter and then yell 'UG FTW'? And to top all that, his mom comes to the Pit to tell us all about it.

She did it for the lulz.
Oh another real messed up thing happened to me, not really life-ruining though. I live in India, so I got this local guitar dealer to get the Jackson RR3 shipped for me for about 20% commission. I agree, and ten days later (which was yesterday, by the way) I visit this shop and I see it for the first time. Tears of joy were just about to fill my eyes when I notice a big-ass dent in the back.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait another two weeks to get my new guitar now, as he just ordered a new piece in it's place.
Quote by Jackolas
She did it for the lulz.

Yeah, either that, or she really has no 'real' people to talk to around her, except her punk ass son.

Although, if that thread would still be open, I'd say to her:
"Pics or it didn't happen!"

lol
Yeah, probably some 12-year-old thinks it's funny to post as a pissed off mom; that too on a Guitar forum!
Quote by rocker_01
Yeah, probably some 12-year-old thinks it's funny to post as a pissed off mom; that too on a Guitar forum!

Thread link anyone?
Quote by consecutive e
Thread link anyone?

this.
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
Quote by goest

I want to know who on UG made that sort of influence. We should make a Gestapo purge to find those responsible and sanction 30 day warnings against their accounts.
I don't think linking to a locked topic will go down well with the establishment...

So to find it, go to page 2 and it's about half way down.
Quote by bassboy 999
I want to know who on UG made that sort of influence. We should make a Gestapo purge to find those responsible and sanction 30 day warnings against their accounts.

+9999

Absolutely dude. I for one fail to believe that anyone or anything on UG can drive a young boy to molestation. That kid was either high, or had totally lost it.

Quote by consecutive e
Thread link anyone?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955659
Nah. It shouldn't be, especially if we keep referencing it and only a few of us saw it before it was closed. You'll be fine.
Quote by rocker_01
+1

Can someone explain more about this, or link a thread or something? It sounds interesting/weird, and I haven't seen anything about it. I searched "WhitesnakeMom" and found nothing, so an explanation or link please?

EDIT: Sorry about this being so late, computer has dial-up and between opening this, and posting this, it was answered enough. When I started to post this there were 7 posts in the thread
Last edited by Frewak at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by rocker_01
Sorry, but is linking to locked threads illegal? I didn't realize.

Hopefully not but I don't want to give them any excuses to warn me.
Welp..I think we've ousted the strife and terror that was WhitesnakeMom...any other life ruiners?
Quote by goest
Welp..I think we've ousted the strife and terror that was WhitesnakeMom...any other life ruiners?

the fact that people actually thought it was real is pretty life ruining
Dude...it's 5 in the morning here...I'm tired and thought that was funny as shit...I hate you