Page 1 of 3
Hey all, I will be moving from the suburbs of California to either northern Washington or Southern Oregon soon and I was interested in buying a bmx bike since it will be less densely populated and more flatland/greenery. Can you recomend me some good starter ones?
Just get a proper bike, otherwise you'll look absolutely ridiculous.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Just get a proper bike, otherwise you'll look absolutely ridiculous.

Do not trust this man, for his hair is large!
Quote by JackalUK

god I love your comments...
You like it
Yesir.If you don't want to spend a great deal of money,but want a decent bike,I recomend going to wal-mart.They sell a bike there called "KO"by mongoose.Decent 3 piece cranks,rims,and forks,so unless you weigh like,300 pounds,you'll be fine.
You can also go to sport chalet or something of the sort,and they sell some pretty good higher end starter bikes.I have a really nice diamond back that reatails for like,250$ new.Good luck and happy buying.

Oh yeah,I recomend checking out"dan's comp"Kinda like ccs or active mail order,but for BMX
Proud Member Of The Leah Dizon Fan Club
ok, first of all, you will get a far better bike if you start by buying second hand. As soon as a part gets and scratches or anything like that on it its price drops REALLY fast (a bit like guitars) but also it has very little effect on the bike it'self. second it will depend what sort of riding you want to do, if you are planning to ride skate parks i would recommend a BMX however if you were going to build dirt jumps or ride offroad at all I would recomend getting a DJ bike instead they are baisically where mountain biking meets BMX with front suspension, normally disk brakes and bigger wheels making for a better ride on anything at all roug.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by JackalUK

Well, she can ignore my advice if she wants to look like these pillars of society.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
yer.....smooth moves m8...none of them are riding BMX bikes
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by SG thrasher
...Do you even know what a BMX is?

Yeah. fucking cool, aren't they.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by dr.hairynuts

But the question is, was it really worth missing English lessons to learn how to ride?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
The only thing I have to say it this: DONT TILT YOUR SADDLE BACKWARDS!!!!( to a ridicolous degree)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
haha ok a bmx or mountain bike? I just want to do basic biking, but I am slightly interested in the extreme sport and all.
Geez, someone really has something against BMX's... Did one touch your wilkins when you were a nipper?
Z cup, BMX bikes are not fun to ride. They are quite a chore if you want to get around easily. Consider investing in a hybrid bike - has the features of a road bike, for speed, and the features of a mountain bike, for landscape versatility.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by rabidguitarist
But the question is, was it really worth missing English lessons to learn how to ride?

you must have been one of those dorks that got bullied in middle school

EDIT: judging from your pictures, you were
Ok, you may have this picturesque, romanticised image of the countryside in your head. Or even just the suburbs. It's not like that. People who ride bikes are by and large, douchebags. Y'know what you should do? Use your feet. Walk.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
It's not like that. People who ride bikes are by and large, douchebags..

I'm a devout road-cyclist and I'll agree with this to some extent. But cycling can be fun though!
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
wow, there are so many ignorant people in this thread. People that ride bikes are not douchebags. Just reading your post, you sound like one yourself.

If you really want to get into BMX, I would suggest spending at least $200 on a decent bike. Don't go to walmart, those bikes are trash. If you weigh more than 50 lbs, the rims will get squirly quick- that is if you actually do jumps with it.

I suggest this:
http://www.danscomp.com/101069.php?cat=BIKES

I know a kid with one and its a great entry level bike.
BMX bikes are for kids who are less than 4 feet tall.

This is a manleh bike:

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by reilly91
wow, there are so many ignorant people in this thread. People that ride bikes are not douchebags. Just reading your post, you sound like one yourself.

If you really want to get into BMX, I would suggest spending at least $200 on a decent bike. Don't go to walmart, those bikes are trash. If you weigh more than 50 lbs, the rims will get squirly quick- that is if you actually do jumps with it.

I suggest this:
http://www.danscomp.com/101069.php?cat=BIKES

I know a kid with one and its a great entry level bike.

I didn't say all of them are, I said most of them are. At least where I come from. Because people either walk or take a car. And she (yes, z cup boy is a girl) doesn't want to get into BMX, she wants a bike to ride around the suburbs, according to her post, so splashing out on an expensive BMX bike for that is just unnecessary. Therefore, committing to the whole douchebag image that cyclists (particularly those under 20) are cultivating.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by darkstar2466
BMX bikes are for kids who are less than 4 feet tall.

This is a manleh bike:

Doing 360 in air > riding on boring roads...
Also, any person between the age of 0 - 30 who got into fixed gear bikes in the last four years is a fag.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
thanks man, I want to exercise more and I figure up there I'll be able to do it since in So Cal I live on a ****in steep ass hill. It'd be nice to do tricks or something with whatever I got too, either its this or a skateboard. I can't imagine getting an injury with a bmx...holy **** I bet that would be a lot worse than a skateboard.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YsYRS4b0Uns&feature=related

ERGJLTRLG;TRG;RLHRH;LR
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Z_cup_boy
thanks man, I want to exercise more and I figure up there I'll be able to do it since in So Cal I live on a ****in steep ass hill. It'd be nice to do tricks or something with whatever I got too, either its this or a skateboard. I can't imagine getting an injury with a bmx...holy **** I bet that would be a lot worse than a skateboard.

You should wear a helmet....
And gloves....

And BMX is better than skateboard. You can travel further on a bmx and get big airs and stuff... Its more fun!
And its usually the 12 yr olds riding around on skateboards...
Quote by af_the_fragile
And BMX is better than skateboard. You can travel further on a bmx and get big airs and stuff... Its more fun!

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
hahahaha oh man I used to be good at skateboarding when I was 12....I could do a kickflip, boardslide, 50/50 grind, and I could manual for like a minute. I got out of it though, but its fun.
^Trust me, all those are much more fun on a BMX!!!
Quote by darkstar2466

You ride skateboards, don't you??
I think i saw you in that skateboarding thread....

BMX pwns skateboarders!!
Quote by af_the_fragile
You should wear a helmet....
And gloves....

Rollerblading is better than BMXing, you can grind rails without mangling your feet in the bike chain and frame and demolishing your face in the process.
doing 900's and 720's down stairs > doing 360's down stairs on a bike.

thus said, I BMX, rollerblade and skateboard, and all you elitists suck, each sport has it's ups and downs, and you can't say one is better than another.
Quote by mynameisbatman
Rollerblading is better than BMXing, you can grind rails without mangling your feet in the bike chain and frame and demolishing your face in the process.
doing 900's and 720's down stairs > doing 360's down stairs on a bike.

thus said, I BMX, rollerblade and skateboard, and all you elitists suck, each sport has it's ups and downs, and you can't say one is better than another.

Here comes the rollerblader!!!
You've gotta be retarded to get you feet mangled in the chain and frame!

And then again BMX is good to get you from a to b too... Unlike rollerblades and skateboards....

But yeah, you're right... they've all got their ups and downs... no point being elitist about it!
I am elitist though. For a good reason.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by af_the_fragile
Here comes the rollerblader!!!
You've gotta be retarded to get you feet mangled in the chain and frame!

And then again BMX is good to get you from a to b too... Unlike rollerblades and skateboards....

But yeah, you're right... they've all got their ups and downs... no point being elitist about it!

when I had my bmx, I loved riding it everywhere, I could weave past traffic, and even if there were curbs I could bunny hop up them and stuff.
with rollerblades I can also weave and go pretty fast, and jump down any stairs or ledges VERY confidently knowing I will land safely.
same with skateboards, although riding those on pavements is the best idea, you can just ollie up most things

a BMX is a very good idea to get though, I had mine, it took me places, and I think it looks better than a normal bike. so I would say go for it and get one

Quote by darkstar2466
I am elitist though. For a good reason.

you're not the only one that can kickflip
rollerblades suck i hate those things.

Skateboarding > Snow boarding > BMX > Surfing > Rollerblading.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
rollerblades suck i hate those things.

Skateboarding > Snow boarding > BMX > Surfing > Rollerblading.

K, for a full list of sports I do.

I ski, snowboard, surf, rollerblade, skateboard, and bmx. I'm sure theres more but I can't remember.

the most fun would be snowboarding
Page 1 of 3