Page 1 of 2
(if you have ADD, skip to last section)

Well, before i start i guess i should introduce myself. My name's Danny, i'm 19 years old, graduated two years ago, and attended community college for 1 year. I "took" this year off to save money so i can move out of texas.

Here's the thing...

I'm considering joining the military, most likely the air force. Why? Well... i'm not doing anything with my life. I'm a mess at the moment. I barely managed to graduate from high school (actually, i had to attend summer courses after my senior year to graduate on the year i was supposed to). At college i failed half my classes. I don't know... i've always been one of the smartest guys at everything. I was in gifted & talented classes in 4th and 5th grade, in humanities (advanced human studies; ie: literature, social studies, all that stuff) from 6th-8th, science tech (advanced science/tech at my school) in 6-8th grade, i had pre-ap and ap classes all throughout high school... yet i lost interest in everything. I've always suffered from depression. During high school i was asked to attend therapy but i gave it up after 3 weeks.

I'm a mess...

And the only one person who makes me happy at the moment... well things are rough between us now. Yeah, it's a girl. We've been friends since we met about 5 years ago. We fell in love but have never dated since she lives in a different state (hence my main reason for moving out; second one being college). Like i said, things aren't going that great at all for us right now. We fight constantly and i'm afraid of losing her.

I really don't have any real friends either... one of them joined the army, the other is moving away in a couple of weeks or days, and the rest i only see every 2 weeks. All i do is work all night long and sleep during the day.

I don't have anything that's important to me and i don't know what i'm doing with my life. So i've really thought about joining the air force. It'll give me a job and a place to live while i figure out what i want to do with myself. It'll help me pay for college since i can't afford it. Also, i'm hoping that with that i can offer my friend the security that we both need and we can finally be together.

It's tough... i don't know what to do. Had it not been for her i probably wouldn't be alive any more, yet i feel dead. I just want to get away from everything and start all over.

Sorry about all the writing. To be honest i don't even know what i'm trying to say or ask; i just want someone to listen.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
hey man.

be positive and start DOING something, anything.

Just don't waste time.

need anything else, just PM me.
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
Quote by -deathbox-
hey man.

Just don't waste time.

I just don't see the point of it any more...

sounds like you just need some direction and something to do with your life. airforce sounds like a good idea. just see where it takes you
Quote by -deathbox-
hey man.

Just don't waste time.

This sums up what I was gonna say. Just keep trucking, it'll work its way out.

EDIT: The point is that life will have its major ups and downs. And that you've got to take them as they come. There's no sense in giving up...that just leaves you in the deepest hole you'll ever dig. You've got to keep going, find direction (Airforce will do that for you) and, in the end, it all will pay off.
Last edited by goest at Sep 11, 2008,
i know exactly how u feel man, im not doin too well at college, my girlfriend is one of the best things in my life, i dont get to see friends as much as i want and feel theyr driftin away, i work a fair bit, that affects my other passion; guitar. i dont get to play too much now, its annoyin and frustrating.

just hang in there, nothing else to do, one thing iv learnt tho is never wait for people to come to you, EVERYTHING you want in life has to be earnt yourself.

hope it helps, pm me if u want msn or anything, im in the mood for a good chat bout this shit
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Someone did m8
It's rough now, don't rlly have any real advice except for do something (military sounds ok) and see where it takes you. Keep an open mind till you find some goals to achieve again.
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
airforce sounds like a great option dude. u will get direction and meet neww friends while learning life skills and gettn paid too
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
hey dude, I know your situation is unique and I'm not trying to take anything away from that, but you're not alone. I'm going through something similar at the moment. Screwed up in university, and I'm overseas so basically I'm going back to settle myself out. I think time off will be good for the both of us. I'm really intelligent as well, but just was not happy doing the course I was. There are loads of different reasons why I felt like I did, but I think I was suffering from a mild case of depression as well. I'd not care about anything, especially school work, and thought pretty dark thoughts.

Basically, my point is you're not alone, it happens to more people than you think. Joining the army sounds a bit drastic, but only you know what's best for you. I know you may not be able to explore every option you want to (for financial or other reasons) but try what you can. You can't be motivated doing something you don't care about. So keep your head up, stay positive and get active like has been said. Good luck man
It that is your situation then definatly go into the military.
When your in a military enviroment you make really close friends and your doin some cool shit aswell.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
dude, join the air force!
there you'll have a direction and purpose! meet new people, travel the world.. see things that some people would never get the opportunity to do.. try and make it last with your girl, I know distance is tough, but as people have said keep on going, and it'll all pan out, don't give up.

x
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
dudes, let me impart knowledge unto EVERYONE here... depression, paranoia, anxiety, etc, are all things that impact EVERY aspect of the sufferers life. I know, because I suffer depression. guys, all of you who are telling him to just join the airforce, do something with his life, blah blah blah, i know you speak with the best intentions, but it won't help him

now, some of you may ask, who is this little prick to tell everyone off for trying to help. well, i suffer from severe depression, and up until this week, was living in HELL. there is no other way to describe it. you feel lost, empty, yet either constantly angry followed lows that people can't imagine. you lose interest in things you once loved. people think you're a self absorbed prick, and that just makes it worse.

Depression is a disease that, left untreated, gets consistently worse, until you reach a stage that Danny is talking about, and that I have posted about in a very similar fashion to him. I know what it's like dude, believe me, from the bottom of my heart, i truly do. i could go on for days, but please, pm me man.

I want to help

Sanity is not statistical
Kinda described my feelings to, but my GF left me long time ago and im 15. Also wasted 2 years of my life. Depressed because things that happened in the past. Now Im feeling much better again and im starting going to school again. Im also going to hypno-therapy.
My question here is: Did something happen when you were young that really upset you and got you depressed?

And about the Air Force JOIN IT. Its good to do something new and fresh! And maybe it will work out pretty good! And if your GF really loves you she would stay with you. But see it positive, There are plenty of girls out there!! Your gonna move somewhere and you meet new ppl there.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
dudes, let me impart knowledge unto EVERYONE here... depression, paranoia, anxiety, etc, are all things that impact EVERY aspect of the sufferers life. I know, because I suffer depression. guys, all of you who are telling him to just join the airforce, do something with his life, blah blah blah, i know you speak with the best intentions, but it won't help him

now, some of you may ask, who is this little prick to tell everyone off for trying to help. well, i suffer from severe depression, and up until this week, was living in HELL. there is no other way to describe it. you feel lost, empty, yet either constantly angry followed lows that people can't imagine. you lose interest in things you once loved. people think you're a self absorbed prick, and that just makes it worse.

Depression is a disease that, left untreated, gets consistently worse, until you reach a stage that Danny is talking about, and that I have posted about in a very similar fashion to him. I know what it's like dude, believe me, from the bottom of my heart, i truly do. i could go on for days, but please, pm me man.

I want to help

This puts my post to shame. I apologize.
Thanks a lot everyone. It helps to know that ppl still listen.

Specially at the moment cuz i'm stuck alone at work and have access to loaded weapons. I've never been the kind of person that hurts themselves but stuff like that always crosses my mind.

you're right danny, the point is damn near ****ing impossible to see. you don't give a **** anymore, and you're living in hell. dude, i can't bear to sit here and think about my own battle with depression with out urging to talk to someone, doesn't have to be me, my ego isn't that big that I would want you to talk to me if you didn't want too. this is about you dude.
for ordinary people, life sucks.
for us, its almost impossible.

please, talk a your family gp, and get him to prescribe you anti depressants

please man

hey man, I'm sorry to hear all that. I don't have any good advice, primarily because I'm younger than you, but know that there's a dude on the other side of the world (I'm in the Philippines) who feels for you. Things aren't really good here either--for a whole lot of people..I don't even know what I'll do after highschool..but we just persevere..at the end of the night, there's always the dawn. I've prayed for you, I am a Christian, but I hope we don't start a religious argument here--especially since it wont be good for the TS. I believe in this, you believe in that, lets just try to help the TS. God bless you man, in whatever you decide to do.
Dude.....

Lately I've been thinkin crazy shit like this too man....

I really don't have a major goal in my life. I have a direction, and a mild start, but I totally ****ed up in school, and I'm pretty much will end up doing blue collar work the rest of my life....

I know it's gonna happen soon, I guess I'm just killing time right now because well...

It's the only time I really can.....

Like i love my girlfriend and everything, and she will go on to become a nurse which is great, cuz it will work out for us perfectly, cuz she won't be far away, and neither will I, but I just don't know if I'm ready for the next step in life yet dudes.....

im fuggin' 19!!!

I feel like im gonna lose a lot of friends too.... . I've already lost tons of friends due to the military, ( you probably should just join it cuz you will be successful bro, as seen as how they are all doin)

but good luck on whatever you do man.

Edit: Oh yeah and don't worry dude, humans are human. That means we all have a brain, and feel the same good and bad things as all humans do.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Last edited by Mav-16 at Sep 11, 2008,
Pit, i'm proud of you. a man beared his soul tonight, which takes more guts than i can describe. evening_crow, even if i have to stay awake all night talking to you to even make you feel the SLIGHTEST bit better, i will.

and this goes for everybody, and its something to think about. Depression has no easy fix, and usually ends in suicide. please, if you think you are depressed, or know someone who is, make sure you do everything in your power to help them. if they don't want to talk to a pyschiatrist, point them in my direction. i take it seriously, and i try my absolute best to help in any way, shape or form.

Quote by goest
This puts my post to shame. I apologize.

nah dude, you offered advice to the best of your knowledge. thats not something to be sorry for

Quote by Low_End_Rocker
nah dude, you offered advice to the best of your knowledge. thats not something to be sorry for

I try. But, from personal experience, I'm horrible at it. And yet, all of my friends come to me...I must suck the least at explaining things philosophically<----Attempt to lighten the mood<---Please don't be angry at that....that's just how I try to solve things. With comedy.
Don't worry, sadness is just all part of our overall existence, everyone faces it at one point or another. Its what makes us human.

A wise man once said...

"There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness"

As for the airforce, do it! go out there and experience!
Dude I saw go have a good fap for yourself. Hell! Make it two faps!
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

-Lewis Carroll
Most of us have been through it. Some worse than others.

Just know that my thoughts are with you, and I sincerely hope you can find the strength to get past this.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Low_End_Rocker, you are a great man. The fact that you are willing to help someone that you barely know is something not everyone does. I applaud you.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
This is a tough call but I have been where you have been.

And it's scant consolation but you have to remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and there are always people out there who can help you. Taking the first step, by acknowledging you feel this way, is a big leap forward. Living in silence will make things worse.

I think the guys who have posted so far are exactly right, and so there's not much I can offer to you. Even though I don't work on a regular basis like yourself, there's always been something on the weekends to help pick myself up.

Volunteering.

Even if you are tired and depressed, volunteering is such a massive lift for so many people, not only for the people who volunteer, but also the people you help out. It helps make friends, gets you into good social situations, and is wholly satisfying and rewarding. I don't know what community schemes etc, are in place in the US, but finding somewhere where you can fit in, even if you have no real "interest" in what you're doing, is a very helpful experience.
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Low_End_Rocker, you are a great man. The fact that you are willing to help someone that you barely know is something not everyone does. I applaud you.

hey, thanks man i've been through what he is describing, and i wouldn't wish that on ANYBODY. My theory is, if i even help just one person, then I'm happy with what I've accomplished. and he pm'd me, he is going to join the air force. and he is in a much better mood. so everyone here, congratulate yourselves

depression is no fun man, I've been there too...

I'm lucky I'm accidentally smart or i wouldn't have passed high school (I actually stopped going in my last year completely and passed entirely from compulsory exam resits).

It's never easy to deal with feeling empty and down right meaningless, my only real advice to you TS is not to make any drastic life decisions in your current mental state. You're clearly not thinking straight and when you do get past all of this you may find yourself somewhere you don't want to be.

Just try to keep yourself busy, if you've got a hobby, practice it emerse yourself in the good things in life and don't look so far forward. Live in the now, enjoy the life you're living no matter how lame it may seem to be ATM. Life is still life, there for the molding.

And good luck
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
do u plan on enlisting.....cuz if u r.....u need to study and get a high score on the asvab and become a loadmaster....that way u can be in flight crew and get a bunch of cool stuff
see, this is what i like to see... who said the pit's only answer was rape, fap or i cum blood?

Quote by evening_crow
I just don't see the point of it any more...

If/When you decide to kill yourself...make sure you show as many emos as you can how to do it, because they can't seem to figure it out for themselves.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Low end rocker, you are exactly right!

The pit is very very supportive to fellow UGers.

Anyways, TS, I think the air force would be a good place for you. I don't know what you have to do to get in though, so it might be tough. Good luck and try to stay positive. Life always has its ups and downs.

EDIT: Crackhutch, that's pretty tight. What;s it to you that people can't kill themselves. You do know that when depressed people cut their wrists (sideways), they don't want to kill themselves, it's like a pain release. There are many reasons behind it, and this is one of them, but if you want to always sound like a fuckhead, then keep saying shit about emotional people, I bet it will turn on you and no-one will be there to help you when you get depressed.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Last edited by b00m_ at Sep 11, 2008,
of course, the local idiot always wonders in occasionally... and it aint you b00m_

Quote by Low_End_Rocker
of course, the local idiot always wonders in occasionally... and it aint you b00m_

Woo. Ay, I'm in Melbourne too kinda. On the Mornington Peninsula. Where abouts are you located?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
oh morning peninsula? that aint too far from me.

im from the south eastern suburbs, Keysie, where the chicks are ****ing sleazy.

In the middle of Syringevale and Dandenong

Page 1 of 2