We have quite a collection of DVDs, but our DVD player broke recently.
We got hold of a multimedia server, so what we plan to do is rip 'em all to that and have it set up so that it can be accessed wirelessly throughout the house. Then we can watch all our DVDs anywhere, including on the TV by connecting a laptop to it via HDMI...

At least that's in theory. What's the best way to rip the DVDs? I want it to be as easy as possible, for the non tech-savvy members of the family. (Which means no ripping as .isos and mounting them with a virtual DVD drive )
I want as good quality as possible, as good/better a picture than a DVD player would output on our 42" Plasma.

tl;dr
Best way to rip DVDs in best quality?
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by purplegreendave

At least that's in theory. What's the best way to rip the DVDs? I want it to be as easy as possible, for the non tech-savvy members of the family. (Which means no ripping as .isos and mounting them with a virtual DVD drive )
I want as good quality as possible, as good/better a picture than a DVD player would output on our 42" Plasma.

Well, you won't get a better picture for sure!

http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/

The boys at Sourceforge recommend the app on the above link.
Yeah, I use a lot of free/open source programmes. No piracy here, not even Photoshop
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.