hi,

so the trem on my Ibanez is knackered, i tried to "fix" it and now i can't do anything with it and its £200 for a new trem unit.
i'm strongly considering getting another Ibanez S, because they really are fantastic guitars.
but, i'd like you guys to recommend me a guitar made by other companies aswell, broaden my horizons a bit.
needs to be under £500gbp
w/ double locking trem
not jumbo frets preferred
H-S-H pickup config preferred.

thanks guys
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
ESP/LTD MH-400 It has LFR but i've not seen anyone complaining so I guess it belongs to the good gang.

Ibanez RGT42DXFM : Everything shines on this guitar except for the EDGE III bridge which got quite bad reputations from newbies who can't handle it. I personally think it's a fine bridge with the right care.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Has OFR, has EMGs and very good reps. You might have to either import or get a used one to get it under £500, though.

Also, take a look at Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR . Specs almost the same as C-1 Hellraiser but with flat top and slick headstock

Agile Interceptor Pro 6 strings is another good guitar. You can only get it imported but it should be right under 500 anyway. Too bad the availability of this guitar is is currently unknown. I asked rondomusic (their main dealer) and they answered that it might be available in the future. Right now, they have only the 7-strings version.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

with hsh you're more or less limited to ibanez at that budget, to be honest- rg1570 or the s series. godin do some HSHs, but i'm not sure how the trems are. alternatively, you could try getting something which is HSH routed with a pickguard, but i'm not certain if they're much more prevalent either...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm afraid Schecter are out of bounds as its impossible to find any in the UK

i did look at the ESP Ltd M-103, what do you think?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor

very cheap hardware...
i'd say the ibanez rg1570 is one of your best options at around the £500 mark, as long as you can get on with the slim neck and jumbo frets...

-japanese manufacture
-quality trem
-generally all-around pro-quality instrument.
-hard case included (ok, definitely not a deal-breaker, but worth mentioning)

not many others in the same price bracket can boast all that, to be honest...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd say the ibanez rg1570 is one of your best options at around the £500 mark, as long as you can get on with the slim neck and jumbo frets...

-japanese manufacture
-quality trem
-generally all-around pro-quality instrument.
-hard case included (ok, definitely not a deal-breaker, but worth mentioning)

not many others in the same price bracket can boast all that, to be honest...

this.
/thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i'm afraid Schecter are out of bounds as its impossible to find any in the UK

go to reverb(soundcontrol)
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
thanks for the help, I had no idea an RG1570 was in my price range.
i'm going to try one of those Ltd's some time next week, if they don't match up to expectations i'll start saving for the RG1570.
thanks again guys.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
yeah, it should be at least £25 under, if not £50. Could use a pickup swap eventually, to be fair, but other than that, should be good to go.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?