The other day one of my narrow minded friends turned to me and told me that i was playing with too much distortion (it was a mini marshall stack for goodness sake, it has pathetic tone but its fun to carry around and play on the street or at school) and then preceded to tell me that metal was crap because it is just noise and screaming (which is odd considering i was playing blues!) i laughed at him because i know he had know idea what he was on about. i said to him "i bet you haven't even heard any of the different metal styles. Ever listened to groove metal?" he then proceeded to say "pffft, groove metal!? how can metal have a groove?" then i started playing 5 minutes alone by pantera and he walked away mumbling about it
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
FUCK OFF GROOVES IN METAL AND FUCK OFF YOU
METAL IS ONLY NOISE AND SCREAMING BECAUSE THAT IS ONLY WHAT SATAN WANTS!
ARRRRRRRRRGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk

haha

Chances are he was probably right about the distortion though. Most kids don't know how much gain to use and crank it up all the way.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by MHDrunk

pfft...gay...
Your friend is a fag.

Tell him from me will ya.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
Your friend is a fag.

Tell him from me will ya.

This will probably result in the friend calling him a fag because he told this story on some guitar site (aka UG)
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by tyler_j
pfft...gay...

fuck off fruitcake look at your top 5 bands: Nirvana, TISM, Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, System Of A Down, clearly this is not a subforum you should be in
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
fuck off fruitcake look at your top 5 bands: Nirvana, TISM, Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, System Of A Down, clearly this is not a subforum you should be in

not to start anything, but although they are my 5 top bands, i still listen to some fairly heavy stuff...plus i haven't updated that in a while..
A friend of mine was talking about music, just after I picked up Maiden's debut album (for the second time after I lent it to a friend) and he said, "Why do you always listen to death metal?" which is ridiculous. He also says that he classifies genres as either "Rock" "Metal" "Jazz" whatever. He says sub-genres are stupid, so he eliminates "Trash/Death/Black" and just calls it metal. He also said he can't hear a difference between any of those :S
Closed-minded bastard. Plus, he's studying music, 3rd year at university. Music students must all be douchebags then.
Why is this stupid ass thread in the metal forum?

Take your sandy vagina and go cry on your coal chamber pillow.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by brentondig
A friend of mine was talking about music, just after I picked up Maiden's debut album (for the second time after I lent it to a friend) and he said, "Why do you always listen to death metal?" which is ridiculous. He also says that he classifies genres as either "Rock" "Metal" "Jazz" whatever. He says sub-genres are stupid, so he eliminates "Trash/Death/Black" and just calls it metal. He also said he can't hear a difference between any of those :S
Closed-minded bastard. Plus, he's studying music, 3rd year at university. Music students must all be douchebags then.

Not all of us, just some.
Quote by nebiru
Why is this stupid ass thread in the metal forum?

Take your sandy vagina and go cry on your coal chamber pillow.

nebiru: Reinforcing that stereotype that metalheads are fucking awesome.
Last edited by Magero at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by MHDrunk

Because we all know that you can only like one kind of music.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls