Hey UG,
I'm in a bit of a Delmar about how to do these. I'm not really a noob its just that I have come from a more blues based played where there aren't really shred legato techniques such as SRV. Anyway I was wondering is there any advantage to using your pinky for these legato techniques?

E.g. e -----------8 ^ 5 ^ 7 ^ 8 ^ 7 ^ 5------------

^ = hammer on/pull off

thanx,
Mike
Last edited by striker327 at Sep 11, 2008,
it's really up to the individual, i think. certainly getting your pinky strengthened to the point where you can use it is an advantage, but if after doing that you still feel more comfortable with your third finger...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mm I can do both but its hard to choose which one I like better because the ring finger feels more comfortable but you can't really do that lick I posted as well on the G string as you can using your pinky
it's really up to you, then, just use whichever you feel more comfortable with...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?