I wanted to find out if anyone here tipped the guitar tech that worked on your guitar. I go to a small local shop for service and setup and it is always the same guitar tech who does incredible work. Should I give her something extra for her time. She always gets the guitar back to me the same day or the next morning.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
You should do that... Such service is rare.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 11, 2008,
i'm big on tipping.

especially if you feel there's effort above and beyond.

the only thing i'd try to feel out first, is that some service professionals feel they are well compensated and in a high enough position in the company where a tip would be considered unnecessary.
for example, if they were a store owner, management or similar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Cool. Maybe I'll head back over today and drop something off for her. It's only 2 blocks from my house.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
i would have probably tipped at the time of adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I wouldn't go back to tip, but next time you're getting a setup tip when you pay.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Alright. Points taken.

Thanks guys.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Best to give her a rose or something. No woman refuse that.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Wait...

She cute?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Give her the high hard one.

:P lol, seriously though, next time she works on your guitar, tip when you pay, or get her something nice. Not too nice though, or she'll think you're trying to execute my first idea. =]
wouldn't really go down here in the UK. it's ok tipping in restaurants, the hairdressers or for a taxi ride, but that's about it. just doesn't happen.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
wouldn't really go down here in the UK. it's ok tipping in restaurants, the hairdressers or for a taxi ride, but that's about it. just doesn't happen.

the techs I know would gratefully accept you buying them a pint at their next gig for a job well done.

if you develop a friendship with a decent tech you're set. not only are you guaranteed a good setup everytime, you can always pick their brains when thinking about new guitars etc. and their advice will be less biased than it would if they were just trying to sell stuff to you.

tl;dr? keep your tech(s) happy.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
the techs I know would gratefully accept you buying them a pint at their next gig for a job well done.

if you develop a friendship with a decent tech you're set. not only are you guaranteed a good setup everytime, you can always pick their brains when thinking about new guitars etc. and their advice will be less biased than it would if they were just trying to sell stuff to you.

tl;dr? keep your tech(s) happy.

well yes, i agree 100%. it's one thing having a pint but another stuffing a tenner or what ever in their mitt.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix