Page 1 of 3
inb4 reported/metalilca thread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7610452.stm

since when do glasvegas have even the slightest comparison to metallica?!! Further more, I will give a tenner to any charity you guys name if they indeed are number one instead of metallica.

tldr; bbc are oblivious
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
They're talking about who is going to sell more, you monumental tit.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
They are releasing an album in the same week, which is also predicted to sell well.
That article makes no comparison of the two.
They actually think the local band will sell more? Than Metallica? Is that really possible?
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Metallica doesn't deserve the #1 spot just because they're Metallica you know...they haven't been #1 imo since 1986.
Well...From what I heard of Metallica's new album, they still suck just as much as St. Anger.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Where does it say Metallica are an indie band? And where does it musically compare the two bands?
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
TS you are into KSE A7X and Enter Shikari and you comment about 'scene bands' lol

im not an indie fan but i quite like glasvegas there songs are pretty heartfelt unlike metallica now so jaded (i like old metallica tho)
Quote by Pleasure2kill
They actually think the local band will sell more? Than Metallica? Is that really possible?

It's called 'Fashion' - The same system that made Amy Winehouse famous, and makes people actually look up to the Berk from the Arctic Monkeys...
Glasvegas? Apart from a not really inspiring title, I get the feeling they'll probably sell more in the UK, as 'Indie' seems to be such a big thing - Ain't it ironic that what started out as essentially a more civil version of Punk is now more or less as capitalist as McDonalds (And those Che Guevara T-shirts for folk who are only rebels when their mums are around)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
TS is a tit.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by KThxBai.
TS you are into KSE A7X and Enter Shikari and you comment about 'scene bands' lol

im not an indie fan but i quite like glasvegas there songs are pretty heartfelt unlike metallica now so jaded (i like old metallica tho)

yeah that thing hasnt been updated in 2 years haha
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by Pleasure2kill
St Anger wasn't a #1 album in the UK - that week it was Stereophonics if Wikipedia serves me correctly.
Or invite Dave back to teach them how to play again. Then they can kick him out, he can write rust in peace two and metallica can prove they are over the hill
Quote by Rob the Tipton
Metallica should start drinking again

That and get Flemming back as a producer.
Quote by JackalUK
Yes, because they are a crap scene thrash band

CHORTLE!

Only you can get away with that you tosser!
Quote by Eric 666
Metallica doesn't deserve the #1 spot just because they're Metallica you know...they haven't been #1 imo since 1986.

Thank you. Metallica have barely been good since 1986. I dont like them but I can appreciate their better stuff, and they certainly dont deserve to get all the attention they do right now.
Quote by saphrax
To be fair though, St. Anger was really bad.

By logic that shoulda got it to #1, I mean the crazy frog did
Quote by saphrax
To be fair though, St. Anger was really bad.
No-one knew that before it was released though

There was a huge amount of hype over St Anger at the time.
It makes me laugh all these people saying "old Metallica was better! Lol!".

Yeah, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, Justice for All are excellent albums, and they certainly wont ever release an album like them again. But consider if they were released today, exactly as they are, without ever being around back in the 80's.

People would rip them to shit. Times change, and Metallica have realised this on their new album. Sure, it's not like MOP, but it's a kick in the face to all these new bands, showing that they do it best.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
It makes me laugh all these people saying "old Metallica was better! Lol!".

Yeah, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, Justice for All are excellent albums, and they certainly wont ever release an album like them again. But consider if they were released today, exactly as they are, without ever being around back in the 80's.

People would rip them to shit. Times change, and Metallica have realised this on their new album. Sure, it's not like MOP, but it's a kick in the face to all these new bands, showing that they do it best.

no they would still be adored like the are now metallicas problem is

a) their ratio of good songs has decreased..theres is a couple on load and st anger and the new one that are passable..even a lot of justice and black album isnt that good.

b) musicianship is diminishing..in particular hetfields voice and lars drumming

c) there songs have less dynamics..the difference between metallica and megadeth/slayer etc is they had a lot of dynamics megadeth and slayer is pretty 1 dimensional the new single tries to be like fade to black in that respect but its pretty meh.

Anyway good luck to glasvegas, good tradition of indie scottish bands like my bloody valentine, jesus and the mary chain etc.
Last edited by KThxBai. at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by JackalUK
By logic that shoulda got it to #1, I mean the crazy frog did

True.

Just for the record I think the new albums good. Despite what some of you think it's the best and most "metal" album they could possibly release.

Standard tuning and/or Eb, varied material, long progressive structures, solos on every song, drum solos, intensive bass solos.

There is a 9 minute instrumental on there for Gods sake, which is the most 80s thing they have done since.. the 80s, unsuprisingly.

I rate it higher than Dream Theater's latest album which is a complete pissy let down compared to Images & Words or Awake, for example.

So if you get it in proportion and perspective I'd say it is a success.
Last edited by Jackolas at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Jackolas
True.

Just for the record I think the new albums good. Despite what some of you think it's the best and most "metal" album they could possibly release.

Standard tuning and/or Eb, varied material, long progressive structures, solos on every song, drum solos, intensive bass solos.

There is a 9 minute instrumental on there for Gods sake, which is the most 80s thing they have done since.. the 80s, unsuprisingly.

I rate it higher than Dream Theater's latest album which is a complete pissy let down compared to Images & Words or Awake, for example.

So if you get it in proportion and perspective I'd say it is a success.

I agree with this, it's a brilliant modern, heavy album.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

What the hell does TS have against indie bands?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Eric 666
(Invalid img)

That's absolutely hilarious.

haha
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

If you put the hype meter in front of the chart postion graph, you get the biggest erection followed by the fastest case of floppycock ever known. FACT!
Quote by JackalUK
EVERYBODY likes old Metallica

I can't stand that shitty band.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by JackalUK
If you put the hype meter in front of the chart postion graph, you get the biggest erection followed by the fastest case of floppycock ever known. FACT!

I for one love the new album. Its pretty solid.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

imo Metallica sucks...totally overrated
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Page 1 of 3