ok so i have my 5150 combo..but i was checking my local craigslist and someone is selling a B-52 AT100 head with a Peavey 5150 4x12 cab w/ sheffields for $400..

which do you think would suit my hellraiser better?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Those are 2 very different amps. The 5150 has arguably better distortion, but the B-52 has very nice cleans. They are also voiced very differently.
WTLTL 2011
Really I don't think the amps are in the same league, the 5150 is basically a stanard these days when it comes to hardcore sene, and the b52 is a budget high gain amp. I would stick with the 5150 combo. Change the speakers to V30, or G12 to really improve your amps tone, the 5150 shefields are desined to sound like a worn out green back and don't sound the greatest. So really with that cab your not gaining anything ethier.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Also the volume difference between a 60 212 combo, and a 100 watt half stack is not that much, at the SPL that it will make a difference you will most likly be micing your amp regardless of the amp, combo or half stack. Any more I mic my amp nearly all the time, it gives our sound guy the control to change the dynamics when he needs to, I keep it just loud enough to get over the drums, and let the PA take over from there, this also saves our ears.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Last edited by Johnbryant at Sep 11, 2008,
I would stay with thr 5150.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP