i use power slinkys on my hellraiser right now (i think it was setup by the the guy i bought it from for .9's so i might have a problem) but, which are best for all the tunings i listed?

stay w/ Power or
GHS Boomers .11-.50?
Beefy Slinkys
D'Addario (all their strings seem to be very bright, not capable of chunky crisp palmmutes..or am i wrong?)

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by metalhead987
you're definatly looking for at least .10s. maybe even .11s

yeah, power is .11-.48

i meant that maybe my guitar plays differently because im using a higher gauge than super slinkys

and i think most people recommend .11 if you ever go to drop c even only a few times

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I just bought some DR 10-52 strings that seem to work great; I use them on my ESP Eclipse playing songs from Hinder to Deftones with great results.
I get the heavier tones for metal and the brighter tones for bluesy stuff.
Give them a shot.
Gear:
1990s Dean Cadillac Select (shrimp fork) w/Seymour D. JB
2003 Ibanez SZ520QM
Line 6 Spider III Half-Stack
keep in mind that if you change the gauge ,youll need a whole new setup
on a 25.5" scale, 10's are the minimum required for drop c IMO
Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 10-52.

The only strings I will ever use. They're just that perfect, especially for drop tunings.
Well this is a hard on. I work as a guitar tech in a guitar shop in Michigan and i get asked this all the time. For starters as nido said 10 gauge is the minimum. Keep in mind the thicker the string the more tension on the neck (I have seen guitars come in with the headstocks snapped because the string tension was to much!) What I use now is i have a modified yamaha I use Dunlop strings gauge 13 which work really great. Rember if you don't think you guitar neck can take the tension take it to a guitar tech and have it set up for bigger strings. Also if you go to thicker strings and as nido said again you will need a whole new set up so when you take your guitar to a guitar tech rember to get it inotatied the whole 9 yards!.
I'd say beef slinky, seeing as they're made for down tuning, but if you want a real heavy tone out of you guitar try ernie ball skinny tops, heavy bottoms, admittibly they'll need replacing more often than normal but i feel they're great for low tuning
I use 10-52 Light Top Heavy Bottom Elixers and that's perfect for drop C tuning. Their a bit tight on Drop D, but they'll do the job.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by youngncy
Well this is a hard on. I work as a guitar tech in a guitar shop in Michigan and i get asked this all the time. For starters as nido said 10 gauge is the minimum. Keep in mind the thicker the string the more tension on the neck (I have seen guitars come in with the headstocks snapped because the string tension was to much!) What I use now is i have a modified yamaha I use Dunlop strings gauge 13 which work really great. Rember if you don't think you guitar neck can take the tension take it to a guitar tech and have it set up for bigger strings. Also if you go to thicker strings and as nido said again you will need a whole new set up so when you take your guitar to a guitar tech rember to get it inotatied the whole 9 yards!.

Sorry

11's are as low as you can go I would say.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls