So, i just bought a Boss ML-2 Metal Core, and when i plug it in to my marshall micro stack the sustain is totally screwed. It fades in and out when i hold or bend a note. I put my amp on clean because if i use the ml-2 as a distortion boost it makes a horrible noise along with my amp. So to fix that i put it on clean and it worked well for a while. I've changed cables 3 times and they all worked perfectly and i have my pedal plugged in to a 9v adapter. Why the hell is it doing this?!?!
crappy pedal+crappy amp = bad times

turn the gain down a bit?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
true tht, wat pedal should i have gotten? And i love my amp so im not buying a new one.
If you use an adapter to run the pedal make sure you've taken the battery out otherwise it will run on that instead
Quote by 36mikeyb36
So, i just bought a Boss ML-2 Metal Core, and when i plug it in to my marshall micro stack the sustain is totally screwed. It fades in and out when i hold or bend a note. I put my amp on clean because if i use the ml-2 as a distortion boost it makes a horrible noise along with my amp. So to fix that i put it on clean and it worked well for a while. I've changed cables 3 times and they all worked perfectly and i have my pedal plugged in to a 9v adapter. Why the hell is it doing this?!?!

Cheap solid state amp distortion + distortion pedal = horrendous noise

so forget that idea, you can't boost your amp that way as you've found out. The MG isn't a great amp, you might simply be getting interference from overloading the input with too much gain. You could also be too close to electrical equipment like a TV or monitor or your pickups could be too close to the strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
how high is the gain on the BOSS. i have the other metal petal by boss and in the instructions ( i know who reads instructions) it says "if you set this knob too high, the noise will increase and OSCILLATION MAY OCCUR." now it is a big word so it means:
1: variation , fluctuation
2: a flow of electricity changing periodically from a maximum to a minimum ; especially : a flow periodically changing direction
3: a single swing (as of an oscillating body) from one extreme limit to the other

that might be the problem. also distortion should not be used to boost distortion, use an overdrive pedal, even a cheep one will work. put it befor the metal core and you will be all set.