Hi

Iv'ordered an ESP Gus G 200 and it should arrive soon. I was thinking of replacing the pickups because the stock ones looks weak. Here are the specs of the guitar: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_gus.html

So I need passive pickups who goes well with a basswood body. I was thinking of getting a Seymour Duncan distortion sh-6 for the bridge, but I have no idea of what should I get for the neck. Can you give me some advice? (I play mostly songs from bands like Firewind, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian...you get the idea...)

My amp is a SGH, but I dont know the exact model.

Thanks
If there an artist series there usally not weak but i would go for active pick ups. emgs are nice but the new seymor duncun blackout im using relly kick your guitar into hell.
Don't upgrade a guitar you haven't played yet, you won't know whats its like.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I cant buy actives because the stock pickups are passive and there's no place for the batteries. There more expensive also...
Quote by Mightymark
Hi

Iv'ordered an ESP Gus G 200 and it should arrive soon. I was thinking of replacing the pickups because the stock ones looks weak. Here are the specs of the guitar: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_gus.html

So I need passive pickups who goes well with a basswood body. I was thinking of getting a Seymour Duncan distortion sh-6 for the bridge, but I have no idea of what should I get for the neck. Can you give me some advice? (I play mostly songs from bands like Firewind, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian...you get the idea...)

My amp is a SGH, but I dont know the exact model.

Thanks

In my experience it's better to judge pickups on how they sound rather than their visual appearance...

Wait till you've got the guitar, see how it sounds. If you aren't happy then do some troubleshooting to identify the source of the problem...probably won't be the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah I know, I meant by the name of it. The Alexi 200 has an esp lh 300 and some people say its pretty weak. The pickups of this guitar are the esp lh 150. So I figured they would be weak, but I dont know how they sound yet.
Why not put the same pickups that are in the true custom ESP at the top.

Or you can make your own signature sound of high output pickups. Dimazrio X2N, or a Bill Lawrence, or some Bareknuckle pickups. There's a lot of opportunities you can do.

Quote by Mightymark
I cant buy actives because the stock pickups are passive and there's no place for the batteries. There more expensive also...

Not always true. I put actives on my Ibanez XPT707 and they were originally passive. The actives cost about the same as a higher end passive.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Dimario D sonics go great with basswood
theyre also high output,, I think theyll be great for the style your aiming for
Hey I have another question (it may sound dumb but im a noob in guitar gear) Can we put 2 pickups of differents companies? like can I put a Dimarzio for the bridge and a Seymour Duncan for the neck?

If so then, will changing the bridge only really improve the sound?
yes you can, changing the bridge pickup only alters the sound of the bridge and middle position. I would probably put DiMarzios in it or get a handwound solution, but go to your local music store, try a couple of guitars and see for yourself which pickups you like. Then order them and put them into your guitar.

That's what I'd do.
Quote by Mightymark
Hey I have another question (it may sound dumb but im a noob in guitar gear) Can we put 2 pickups of differents companies? like can I put a Dimarzio for the bridge and a Seymour Duncan for the neck?

If so then, will changing the bridge only really improve the sound?

Whether they improve matters depends on the rest of your rig - pickups are only a small part of the tonal equation, they're what you look at for tweaking and fine tuning things rather than creating your tone. To be honest even with a great rig they don't make a massive difference, it tends to be pretty subtle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I ahd the same problem with the battery. guy at guitar center told me to take the back switch cover off put the battery in there tape it to the side and your good to go. Its worked for me but yea i went from passive to active and have never turned back!
Quote by steven seagull
Whether they improve matters depends on the rest of your rig - pickups are only a small part of the tonal equation, they're what you look at for tweaking and fine tuning things rather than creating your tone. To be honest even with a great rig they don't make a massive difference, it tends to be pretty subtle.

Hi i also kinda have the same problem. i use my ibanez rgr321ex with a gt 8 and even with a really high gain patch the high notes dont sound very loud i cant do easy tappings the sound is very weak...is it because of the pickups??
what kind of sounds do seymour duncan blackouts give?
can they do cleans as well as distorted?
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
those pickups are great in the guitar already dude
even if it had ****ty dean stock pickups in it, you could get a lucky and get a good set and then regret swapping them.
dont upgrade a guitar you havnt even played yet.
just cuz there not EMGs or whatever doesnt mean they cant scream.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
what kind of sounds do seymour duncan blackouts give?
can they do cleans as well as distorted?

yes, they can, but go play some for yourself and see if you like them.
and i wouldnt advise using them with a solid state amp.