I am in a Post-metal/Hardcore band, and I play the Lead guitar. At the moment I can not afford a nicer guitar, but I have a Strat MIM and a Epi LP special II.

I don't like the tone of either guitar, but the MIM is supposed to be better, right?

Well I play the Epi more, because it has a much nicer feel to it. The MIM's neck feels unfinished, and the strings feel like they dry out faster. The Epi has a better feel on the neck, and the strings seem to last longer, and it is setup much nicer.

Is it just guitar player prefference or is the MIM just not as nice feeling?
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

It came out like 2 weeks ago

We all saw it

We all pointed and laughed

We all secretly wished we could afford it
Quote by JackalUK
The tone comes from your amp mostly, not how nice your guitar feels

Wasn't talking about the tone. I have bad guitars, and bad amps.

No Money.

So....

I was talking about the feel.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by Steel8909
You do know your supposed to change strings, right?

I change them once a week. on all 3 guitars.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

You change them once a week. Maybe if you didnt change so often and saved up on the string money you could get a new guitar.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
You change them once a week. Maybe if you didnt change so often and saved up on the string money you could get a new guitar.

Well, I play guitar 4 hours a day.

If I don't replace the strings, they get rusty. In a week if you can't believe it.

My mom buys me the strings. she told me if I paid for my guitar equipment, she'll pay for the strings..
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

personally, i like the sound of broken in strings over brand new ones. not as harsh sounding. i think you should take your guitars in and have them set up properly by a qualified tech. that may help you out a lot if the intonation and action is set up properly.
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
what are you playing these through? for all we know you could be using a 15 watt SS Silvertone amp. my MIM sounds great through tubes, but i do believe that not all MIM are equal, so maybe you picked the wrong one
Quote by albino strat!
what are you playing these through? for all we know you could be using a 15 watt SS Silvertone amp. my MIM sounds great through tubes, but i do believe that not all MIM are equal, so maybe you picked the wrong one

Sig.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

As far as "feel", you may need a tech to set them up. Is the strat a HSS? That would be better for what you play, if it's a SSS it's a beast of another color completely IMO. Probably wouldn't sound good for what you play so it won't "feel" good.
But a proper set up is worth a couple bucks if you can't do it yourself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
As far as "feel", you may need a tech to set them up. Is the strat a HSS? That would be better for what you play, if it's a SSS it's a beast of another color completely IMO. Probably wouldn't sound good for what you play so it won't "feel" good.
But a proper set up is worth a couple bucks if you can't do it yourself.

I got them set up at the local music shop after vacay, two weeks ago.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

It sounds to me like what you're really talking about is the neck as for me, that's where all the 'feel' comes from. I find a Strat to be very comfortable and the range of tones is amazing, especially on an HSS. The reason I don't play a Strat anymore is simply because I could never get on with the neck. They're just too chunky for me and have too small a radius. I know loads of people say the Wizard II neck on my Ibanez is too thin but to me it just felt 'right' from the moment I tried it. Perhaps you're the same and the Strat will never feel quite right even though it's a great guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
The scales of the 2 guitars have a very different feel. I used to be a strat player but after playing the shorter looser feel of a LP I dont use the strat much. And the necks on the 2 guitars are different in shape and feel. You can put lighter strings on the strat so it will feel closer to the LP its what I do. 10s on my Lp in standard tuning and 9s on my strat in standard. Drop tuning changes things to.
Quote by Doadman
It sounds to me like what you're really talking about is the neck as for me, that's where all the 'feel' comes from. I find a Strat to be very comfortable and the range of tones is amazing, especially on an HSS. The reason I don't play a Strat anymore is simply because I could never get on with the neck. They're just too chunky for me and have too small a radius. I know loads of people say the Wizard II neck on my Ibanez is too thin but to me it just felt 'right' from the moment I tried it. Perhaps you're the same and the Strat will never feel quite right even though it's a great guitar.

Exactly. Every one else on this particular thread has just gotten off topic right away.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

u seem quite rude tbh..
basically ive had same strings on 1 guitar for 4 months now..they are due for changin at the end of this month...no rust, just gettin a bit too slack imo..
no rust..clean them after every play..i play for hours on end..and play metal and some jrock stuff..they never go rusty for me mate..