I have a Univox Gimme (knock off of Les Paul, not in production anymore) and I'm not satisfied with the humbuckers on the model. I was wondering what I should get to have a heavier sound from it, like an Ibanez tone. I'd probably put it in the bridge position so I can get good harmonics.
Pickups aren't your problem, you most likely need a new amp, you maybe need to find a suitable pedal and you perhaps need a new guitar. Sounds like the one you have is quite nice, but not ideal for what you want to play. I personally wouldn't go messing around with something that old, leave it stock.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 11, 2008,
pearly gates / bridge
alnico II / neck
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.