Yes I understand there's a remembrance thread, but this is something that caught my attention today at school and had me a little concerned.

Every year most places have had a minutes silence to remember 9/11, or atleast some sort of mention about it.

But in school today, we started off with the 6th form assembly, it wasn't mentioned, nor was mentioned throughout the entire day, and no silence was had.

Did anyone else notice this or is it just my crappy school?

Come to think of it there wasn't any mention of 7/7 either...

PS. I'm unbanned, woot.
Maybe they recognise that a brief pause with some schoolchildren does nothing of any use, and that time could be better spent learning or whatever.
I'm not surprised, my school doesn't do it either. To be perfectly honest I'd be rather annoyed if we did, while I am not being disrespectful to those killed 7 years ago there are many other events for which we don't hold a minute silence. Bear in mind you live in the UK, personally I think it would be unusual for a British school to do it.
Well most rememberance silences in schools these days are more 'One minute of farting noises, fake coughs, giggling and more fart noises' so perhaps thought it less hassle to not bother.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by smb
Maybe they recognise that a brief pause with some schoolchildren does nothing of any use, and that time could be better spent learning or whatever.

Maybe that time WAS spent teach children respect. Something most children lack...
Quote by smb

Dude, you live in EA, and its been a good 7 years, I don't expect there were many places over here that did remembrance ceremonies. And you didn't need a separate thread, this is perfectly coo to go in the sticky.

*reported*
I guess as the years go on, schools are just gona stop doing that because after all people will be too young to have actually remembered it plus you are in the UK and not US. Kinda like why nobody has a minute silence for the titanic sinking.
Much worse things have happened than 5,000-odd people getting killed just in New York on one day.

World War II deserves reflective silence each year (on 11/11). 9/11 doesn't.