My ears have been ringing non stop for the past year. It's starting to become hard to fall asleep anymore. It's not a loud ringing, just enough to make me go crazy when the room is totally silent.

I am 17 and I have tinitus already. I blame my amp and my ipod.

Are there any other musicians out there that have this same problem?
Yes. Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey are both nearly deaf.

Have you been to a doctor?
No, I think you're the only one. PS, it's not your amps or ipods fault, it's your own for not taking care of your ears.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd get that sorted out if I were you. Hell, you can use botox to treat it. Go in, get your tinnitus sorted and plump out that forehead at the same time. Protect your ears when in loud environments as tinnitus can get worse, and also remember that suicide rates in tinnitus sufferers are a fair bit higher than normal.
What??!!!

Sorry...Bad joke...

I only get rining for a few minutes after gigs/band practice/listenin to music VERY loudly.
Nope. I've been listening to extremely loud music, going to loads of gigs, spending all my time mixing, and doing nothing but playing instruments for the last 14 years, and all I've managed to contract is an extremely adept sense of hearing.

Oh, and go to a doctor.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Tinnitus is generally incurable, unless it's a rare case where it's just an earwax problem.

It's damn annoying but you get used to it after a few years, just becomes background in the silence at night.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Same as rabid.

And smoking with asthma. And staring at the sun with nearly blind eyes.
Buggered.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Ahh tinnitus, a companion for those lonely quiet nights. Sucks doesnt it

While we're talking about this, what do doctors do to treat it?
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Liam.
Tinnitus is generally incurable, unless it's a rare case where it's just an earwax problem.

It's damn annoying but you get used to it after a few years, just becomes background in the silence at night.

Generally incurable, but very treatable.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Same as rabid.

And smoking with asthma. And staring at the sun with nearly blind eyes.
Buggered.

I said adept, not inept.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I get it once in a while but I've started turning down my music and regulating sound on my amp, my main fear is band practice because my drummer is a bit ignorant about his levels of noise (cool guy but a typical drummer when behind the kit) so i'm looking into ear protection, the idea of it freaks me out tbh and I hope the doctors can do something for you.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I said adept, not inept.

Oh aye, my eyes are as good as they were when I was born, as is my breathing, as is my hearing
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I think I've got a similar thing, TS, my ears ring occasionally, but only for a coupel of minutes, but I think I've definitely damaged my hearing, due to very loud music and very loud explosions I've created in the past.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
just listen to some music when you go to sleep... always helps me
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Oh aye, my eyes are as good as they were when I was born, as is my breathing, as is my hearing

Yeah well, it just means you have an extremely good sense of... touch.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by blue_strat
Yes. Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey are both nearly deaf.

Have you been to a doctor?

They've said that they hold that to the noise-canceling headphones used in the studio. More-so than the PAs and amps at gigs.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Yeah, I've got it. Ever since I got squashed up against a pile of cabs at an Amon Amarth gig. I only hear it if it's completely silent unless I'm really trying to hear it. I should probably go see a doctor, but I can't be bothered. I suppose I will eventually. I now use earplugs at all gigs and practices.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I'm 19 and my hearing loss is almost enough to have to use a hearing aid. Mainly from too many concerts and too much guitar playing.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Kensai
No, I think you're the only one. PS, it's not your amps or ipods fault, it's your own for not taking care of your ears.

thankyou for clearing that up for me.

I know I shouldn't listen to loud music. I've always been concious of how loud my earphones are. I usually keep them at halfway. And my amp, yes I have blasted it a good bit, I just assumed it was ok because everyone else around me was fine with it as well.

I guess I just never realized how easy it is to damage your ears. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has experienced this.
Had it for a week once after a party, slowly faded away though.

Now I get it if I play really loud... goes away after 30 min or so.
yea ive had that for the past 5 years i think. when i first got it, everytime i would get out of bed i would feel dizzy and puke. good times.
I can't sleep in silence anyway so I have a fan on in the room for noise.. It helps somehow.

I only have a very slight ringing also
Quote by Untitled001
I can't sleep in silence anyway so I have a fan on in the room for noise.. It helps somehow.

I only have a very slight ringing also

I'm in the same boat. actually my doctor told to use a fan because the white noise helps cancel out the ringing.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
same with me. Last night I couldn't fall asleep to the tv, yet I could fall asleep to the sound of my computer humming.
my ears ring sometimes, but then again its usually after loud music and the such, but i dont think it happens all the time.

.......unless my ears do ring constantly and i just dont realise it :s
I've had tinnitus for a long time now, basically as long as I can remember, It only really gets me if I intentionally try to hear it, if its quiet, or when I'm trying to sleep. It sucks when I am trying to sleep . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I'm a year younger than you and I have it, but not a particularly bad case. I don't even notice it in silence unless I focus on it, but it is really annoying, because I really wish I had known about the dangers of going to so many gigs beforehand, and I would've taken actual precautions against it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Sometimes I'll be laying in bed trying to fall asleep, and all the sudden ringing will just hit one of my ears lol. It's weird.
We're only strays.