My guitar teacher put my guitar in drop c but i want to get it to normal tuning , what are the numbers for the strings so i can tune it up? Like On my tuner you can have 6B or 3G which one are all the strings if you know?
it goes e a d g b e lowest to high should say 6 e 5 a 4 d 3 g 2 b 1 e
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
thinnest string = 1st string (E4) = e note 4th octave
2 thinnest = 2nd string (B3) = B note 3rd octave
third thinnest = 3rd string (G3)= G note 3rd octave
third thickest = 4th string (D3) = D note 3rd octave
2nd thickest = 5th string (A2) = A note 2nd octave
thickest string = 6th string (E2) = E note 2nd octave

if this doesnt make sense ask ur guitar teacher
That Depends,If you own an ESP,you are gonna want to keep it in Drop C tuning,It sounds better......If not tell me,I can probably help..
Let us Be Merry and Head-Bang to METAL!!
Quote by maxmichelsen
That Depends,If you own an ESP,you are gonna want to keep it in Drop C tuning,It sounds better......If not tell me,I can probably help..

Shut up. At what point did he mention an ESP?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Nah i dont have a ESP , im trying to play sorry your not a winner but cant get it to sound right.
Quote by ampoverload
thinnest string = 1st string (E4) = e note 4th octave
2 thinnest = 2nd string (B3) = B note 3rd octave
third thinnest = 3rd string (G3)= G note 3rd octave
third thickest = 4th string (D3) = D note 3rd octave
2nd thickest = 5th string (A2) = A note 2nd octave
thickest string = 6th string (E2) = E note 2nd octave

if this doesnt make sense ask ur guitar teacher

He didn't ask which octave the strings were, he want's to be able to reference the string number to his tuner so he knows which string his tuner is picking up and which tuning machine knob to turn. This is nice to know, but isn't going to help him.

On a standard 6 string guitar the thinnest string is number 1, and they go up from there. 1e, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E. The last one is the low E, or bass string.
Quote by asator
Shut up. At what point did he mention an ESP?

chill out buddy. he's just telling a joke.
Quote by ferretman
chill out buddy. he's just telling a joke.

Read his other posts and threads. I'm pretty sure he's not.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by maxmichelsen

What the hell?

Retard...

The TS wants his guitar in STANDARD tuning, the TS never mentioned anything about ESP, so don't go and pretend to know about guitars and that ESP sound best in Drop C.

Your post was the stupidest post an 08'er has made this year.
did you teacher teach you about the harmonic trick? if you are confident that one string in correct you can hit a harmonic on the 5th fret, (lightly touch the sting then pick)
now do the same thing at the same time on the 7th fret of the string underneath, they should sound exactly the same.
i might not be that helpful but it's a nice way to do tune your guitar quick.