hi, just a quick question... i have a Randall RG75 G3 Plus combo and i was wonderin what pedal i should get to get a bit more gain from it, i wanted to know because its my bday soon so ill b getin some money. i want the pedal to cost under £125 but i might b able to get more if i sell my Boss me50.

thanks in advance

ps i was thin bout the Joe Satriani saturator?(spelling?)

i play metal btw
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Last edited by Rob Rock at Sep 11, 2008,
You can try the dimebag trick and get an eq and make a frown face boosting the mids. Also you can get an OD pedal boosting the output level a bit and maybe adding a touch of drive but you have to be careful not to throw into clipping. Other then that you might just have to purchase a distortion pedal.
thanks 4 the help, so wht eq would recomend coz i have no idea when it comes to this stuff
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Do you really need more gain from that amp... I tried one out the other week, I thought it had more than enough gain for my 8 string.

I never thought I'd see a thread for someone asking for more gain from a Randall...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Do you really need more gain from that amp... I tried one out the other week, I thought it had more than enough gain for my 8 string.

I never thought I'd see a thread for someone asking for more gain from a Randall...

Same here...

Well, you could try an OD to shove over the the drive channel, or a distortion.

Or, I'd never think I'd say this, but maybe get some EMGs or Blackouts or a guitar with them in. That might help.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by MESAexplorer

+1 (thinking the same thing)

Usually only the older RG line like the RG100es's needed the boost. But to be fair I have boosted mine for the hell of it, but doing so it looses all its dynamics and turns into a mud pit unless your really gradual with it. But the mud pit is pretty fun to mess with and to use as filler from time to time lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by MESAexplorer

i kno what u meen, but it is a hybrid amp so its laking a bit 4 me, but u might not think tht
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Lil Macker
Same here...

Well, you could try an OD to shove over the the drive channel, or a distortion.

Or, I'd never think I'd say this, but maybe get some EMGs or Blackouts or a guitar with them in. That might help.

i want to get a set of backouts but my dad dont like the idea of putting a set of expensive pups into a chesp-ish guitar
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
i want to get a set of backouts but my dad dont like the idea of putting a set of expensive pups into a chesp-ish guitar

Well, looks like you need an expensive guitar then!

But yeah, if your guitar is cheap, maybe upgrade that aswell. That'll make it sound better, and give it more gain if it has a hotter ouput.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
thnks for all the help guys!
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
learn how to put in pups urself.

you'll learn something new and can explain to dad that the pickups can always be swapped to your next guitar, no money lost.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
A pickup change could be an upgrade, but as I said, the amp has quite a bit of gain.

Not to bash you or be negative in any way, I don't know your playing ability, but I'm guessing you're finally getting into lead guitar, metal and shred maybe? and you find that you sound like a "bad" and "sloppy" player because it doesn't have enough gain. I was like that too for quite a while, I still have my moments where I have to cut up the gain a little.

The best metal tones come from high gain amps with the gain cut back quite a bit. When you have the gain dimed and want more the gain structure is going to be smooth and creamy and fizzy instead of grainy, chunky and raw. For lead tones, it doesn't matter what amp you're using, you have to be an accurate player. I recommend playing with very little gain until you have it nailed, then cut it up to as high as you please.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
/\ Yeah same, I dialed back the gain on my stuff, a while back. It helped so much, made it so much clearer.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”