Well, I'll go straight to it, I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard with a pair of Dimarzio pickups, which I'll change after I get a new amp.

I've had this MG for some time (I know), and I'm looking forward to change it. I'm looking for either another Marshall (JCM) or a Vox, which I'm not too familiar with.

I play blues, jazz, hard rock, classic rock, and I like the crunch in the Marshall amps.

The pickups I'm thinking about getting are a pair of Seymour Duncans. An Alnico Pro II for the neck and a Custom for the bridge, since I like their raw and bluesy sounds.

My budget is up to 800$ on this new amp, I've already 200 saved for the pickups, but I was also thinking about getting a new guitar.

Thoughts?
I thought you'd lost your hand... Again

UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
I wouldn't worry about the Seymour Duncan pickups, when you get a new guitar and play it through your JCM or Vox you will be able to get a really nice bluesy rock sound.

Don't start upgrading a guitar you haven't played or heard yet

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I'm guessing there's no point getting new pickups. It's that amp holding back your tone, it's not your pickups fault whatsoever.

And can you see if you can get a 2 channel JCM800 for $1000? I'm not entirely sure on the prices over there.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Alright, I'll just look into the pricing of the JCM's or maybe a Valvetronix?

I'd appreciate any information on the prices or models best suited for my gear.
Have a look at Orange amps, The Tiny Terror (which will probably be in your budget) sounds amazing! Its all Valve and has Volume, Tone and Gain Knobs, and a 15/7w switch!
Either the head + cab or..
the combo.
Have a play on one first to see

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
The Traynor YCV50 Blue is exactly what you're looking for amp-wise.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075

For the pickups I'd take the Custom 5 over the regular custom in your case.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Can you buy used? What part of the world do you live in - near what major city? Decent budget, cheers!
Edit: ^I agree the YCV50Blue would work well, and if you buy new it's in budget. Used in the US you can do better for $800 which is why I asked your location.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 11, 2008,