i have a epiphone les paul special 2 and im trying to set the Intonation on it but when i get to the High E string (1st) a cant set it because the bit that you move to set it (sorry i don't know the technical term for it) wont go any further fallward, i don't know what strings it has on it cos i haven't re-stringed it yet. i wasn't shure wether the guage of the strings are causing this problem
plz help
it probably came with 9's and it you bought it new it should already be set up (or close enough) you shouldn't have to max out the movement on the saddle to reach proper intonnation

how are you checking to see if you are intonnated or not?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
if the saddle needs to be more forward, closer to the headstock, then you can flip the saddlle to where the piont faces the headstock, and away from the bottom end of the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
if the saddle needs to be more forward, closer to the headstock, then you can flip the saddlle to where the piont faces the headstock, and away from the bottom end of the guitar.

you would have to manually pull out the individual saddle to do that, not an easy task - if you simply reverse the entire saddle piece it ends up being in the same position with the first 3 and last 3 being opposite

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
it probably came with 9's and it you bought it new it should already be set up (or close enough) you shouldn't have to max out the movement on the saddle to reach proper intonnation

how are you checking to see if you are intonnated or not?

i brought it from a mate so it wasnt set up, im cheaking by matching (with a tuner) the 12 fret to the open string but a octive higher
Quote by ali709
i brought it from a mate so it wasnt set up, im cheaking by matching (with a tuner) the 12 fret to the open string but a octive higher

ok cool, I just wanted to make sure

so its just the high e string thats out? maybe try re-stringing with a new set and see what happens....how old are the current strings?

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
haha, yeah that will do it.

and flipping a saddle is usally pretty easy, just a screw.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011