Well, I shall tell you the story.

I was in school today, and I was just sitting down, chatting away, and then I was told by my music teacher that I can't use the schools amp for jamming during lessons and things. I dunno why, but I just can't. So, I need a good amp, it doesn't need to be loud. Maybe around 15w, valve.

I was looking at the Harley Benton GA15, and I wouldn't mind any comments about that amp, or other options. It just has to be around about £100-£200 MAX. I've basically got to have this soon really.

Just for extra info, I play mainly blues, classic rock and, uhh, blues rock. I've got an OD pedal sorted out already, so, yeah.

Thanks!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Laney VC15 is £215.

oh shitake, it's now £247 on GAK
Last edited by thellamaking at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why not the Laney VC15? Isn't that in that budget?

And 15W tube is pretty loud.

The Laney VC15 is like, £250. And I know it is, I need it to be. Lets just say, the drummer is like Lars Ulrich crosses John Bonham.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
If you can stretch your budget a little i'd look no further than this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/orange_ad5.htm

Otherwise a Harley Benton GA15 would be very nice

Also certainly worth a look:http://www.thomann.de/gb/blackheart_little_giant_bh5112.htm
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd be inclined to just save some more. The VC15 is pretty nice - I haven['t played the HB's....But from I hear, they're just Epiphone Valve Standard copies. I'd take the VC15 over them any day.

But, the thing is, I have to have this amp in a month or two. It would take me till Christmas to get £200 anyways, so there's no point getting something that's £50 more. And anyways, I can always mod the Harley or whatever in electronics!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
But, the thing is, I have to have this amp in a month or two. It would take me till Christmas to get £200 anyways, so there's no point getting something that's £50 more. And anyways, I can always mod the Harley or whatever in electronics!

Well, you know the modding stuff is all nice in theory, but it's not always as easy as people make it out to be, especially if you don't have any electronics experience. Just saying.
dang, that's unfortunate that the price has just jumped on the vc15.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, you know the modding stuff is all nice in theory, but it's not always as easy as people make it out to be, especially if you don't have any electronics experience. Just saying.

Yeah, but I would have like teachers to help and things, so I'd be alright.

Ish.
Cam Sampbell's my hero