Well guys, Ive been on a journey to find that Paul Gilbert tone and i think I'm pretty close. First of all i set my sights on a PGM301 which i can not speak highly enough of, it's an absolutely amazing guitar.

After that i played a GH100L through a Laney GS412L cab, i was hugely disappointed with the sound. However at this time i was using a wahburn X50Q and my tone suffered from it. The PGM301 through the Laney cab sounded a lot better but still not my ideal tone.

I canceled my order of the laney cab and ordered an orange 2x12 and I'm so happy, here's my final rig

Complete Rig

Effects
I'm disappointed with all of the effects apart from the VOX wah, the Holy Grail just sounds horrible imo and the TS-9 gives me horrid amounts of feedback. Does anyone have any experience with a Fulltone OCD with regards to feedback?

My Laney GH100L Settings

Resonance - On
Presence- 3
Bass- Scooped
Treble- 2/3
Gain- 10
Drive-7/8

All in all I'm happy now, slight downfalls is that the orange amp took a knock in delivery, if you look closely enough you can see, its on the right hand top side.

Thought I'd post a final pic of my beauty

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Sep 11, 2008,
dude, forget the rig. that camera you have kicks ass!
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
I'm sorry, but those settings are a waste on such a good set up. That EQ must sound like ass, there's no way around it. Absolutely no harmony to it.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Treble low Mids half and Bass full, how i like it
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Nice rig, not my choice of EQ but very nice rig.

And those effects should just need a bit of tweaking, I'm not sure about the Holy Grail, but I know the TS9 can produce some great sounds, you may need to tweak it before you get your desired tone.
Has anyone tried a Fulltone OCD and an Ibanez ts-9? Just wondering if the FT OCD is as bad with regards to feedback
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Ha ha, looks like my rig, literally the same. You must have a HUGE amount of bass going on though with it all the way up, I've rolled it down since I got the Orange because there was so much.

And to all the people saying its EQed badly, if you had ever played a GH you would know they are very bright amps and rolling of the treble softens it out abit.
Well I'm yet to turn it up passed 1.5 so thats probably why the bass is so high atm, 666 pounder with our 100w heads going through a 120w cab is there a risk that they could blow at full volume seeing as the Laney 4x12 is 320 watts
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Sep 11, 2008,