Hey guys, what's up.

Yes, I did use the searchbar. I found similar threads, but none of them lasted very long and were only relevant to the specific question posted. Is there an ONLY Mp3 Player thread? I know there's an iPod thread, but anyway. I'll delete this thread if there's one like it already.

My CD collection is currently about 200 discs and growing. I like to buy CD's rather than downloading cos I'm fucking crazy. The thing is, when I go to college next year, I won't be able to take my collection with me, so I want an MP3 player to store it on that ISN'T AN iPOD.

I'm looking at the 32gb Creative Zen. Is it any good? They cost more than iPods in some places, are they really worth it?

I hate to be a rebel without a cause, but I just don't want a product that everyone and their dog has. Plus, I've heard too many stories about apple's crap software, unfair guarantee and general irrepairable faults for unknown reasons.

Any recommendations?
well i guess that zen is your best bet,

i have an ipod and it works fine so far the only thing is itunes gets annoying because it automatically syncs whenever you plug it in (you cant just drag and drop) so its a pain ion the arse if itunes randomly ****s up
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
I own an 8gb Creative Zen and it has served me very well. The battery life is just as good as it was when I got it a couple of years ago. iPod battery lives start deteriorating after a while.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Can you drag and drop on the Zen? I hate the accompanying software...why can't it be like a memory stick? The cheapest MP3's work that way

Also, how many songs fit on 8gb? I don't want to be changing playlists, I just want to put everything on it and forget it.
get an archos, slightly larger than an average mp3 player but very good and very easy to use.
Quote by mrbungle50221
well i guess that zen is your best bet,

i have an ipod and it works fine so far the only thing is itunes gets annoying because it automatically syncs whenever you plug it in (you cant just drag and drop) so its a pain ion the arse if itunes randomly ****s up

Yes you can drag and drop. Next time you plug in your iPod and it comes up with the screen giving you information on the space left etc, uncheck the box that says automatically sync. I drag and drop on my iPod using iTunes.

And TS, have you actually had an iPod or just staying away from them based on the stories you've heard? I used to think I wouldn't like an iPod because of the faults they have but I bought my 80GB Classic about 9 months ago and it is still working great. The battery life is as good as it always was.
zen all the way. I've got a 60gb one and its really good

edit:
Quote by sashki
Can you drag and drop on the Zen?

Yeah you can it comes with shitty software but i never use that. You just have to install the drivers first then you can drag and drop
Last edited by ferretman at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by TobyFellrunners
Yes you can drag and drop. Next time you plug in your iPod and it comes up with the screen giving you information on the space left etc, uncheck the box that says automatically sync. I drag and drop on my iPod using iTunes.

And TS, have you actually had an iPod or just staying away from them based on the stories you've heard? I used to think I wouldn't like an iPod because of the faults they have but I bought my 80GB Classic about 9 months ago and it is still working great. The battery life is as good as it always was.

I have never owned an iPod because I listen to CD's.

The thing is, literally everyone at school has an iPod, and I know a lot of people who have broken theirs in the first month. Usual causes are cracked screens (attributed to stupidity), and most commonly battery failure.
I have a cheap memory-stick-like MP3 player, which holds about 50 songs, but it's lasted 3 years no with no problems. Of course, it's less vulnerable than an iPod with its big screen. Although I do know a couple of Zen users whose Zen's have lasted longer than iPods.

I only have second hand experience. And I just don't want an iPod anyway. I think they're ugly and overrated. Sorry for being shallow, but if I'm buying an Mp3 player, I might as well get one I like.
I was looking for something like this, and didnt want an ipod, but as I couldnt find a good alternative i succumbed and got the 80 gig ipod classic

and it is good, but i dont like the syncing on it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus