Would it be relatively easy to modify a fender standard tele to have a humbucker in the bridge? I know i'd probably need to buy a new bridge since it's a metal plate and then i'd need to do some routing or are there any tele's that already have a humbucker in the bridge that are around the same price as the standard mexis ?
i believe some are already fitted with a humbucker, called a twangbucker, that is angled like the bridge pup on a strat. i think youd need a new bridge if it doesnt already have that hole...
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
the only telecaster im aware off that has a humbucker in the bridge is jim roots telecaster

but thats pricey

my knowledge of teles isnt great so others may have humbuckers
john 5 model
72 deluxe model
both of those have humbuckers
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Zero_Focus
the only telecaster im aware off that has a humbucker in the bridge is jim roots telecaster

but thats pricey

my knowledge of teles isnt great so others may have humbuckers

not really

american standards $999+

his

$949

Its still pricey for me, but its not in the thousands so I wouldn't say its too badly priced.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why a humbucker in the bridge? It's basically not even a Tele anymore, after that...

Well I was going to put in the dually red red lace sensor pickups like in the tele pluses which are hard to find now.
i think hes goin for tele feel with bucker warmth, but i agree completely. a tele aint a tele without that pup.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
doesn't SD make some of them mini buckers for situations like this
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
^yeah i think the hotrails was mentioned and there are a couple of other rails pups..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking