From http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

Sept 11th 2006, a study from the University of Leicester found that more than a quarter of classical music fans had tried cannabis. Researchers were trying to find out what people's taste in music revealed about their lifestyles. The UK study also revealed that blues buffs are the most likely to have received a driving penalty.

Hip hop and dance music fans were more likely to have multiple sex partners and were among the biggest drug-takers surveyed. More than 2,500 people were interviewed for the study, which was published in the scientific journal Psychology of Music.
Quote by Mudbugclub
From http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

Sept 11th 2006, a study from the University of Leicester found that more than a quarter of classical music fans had tried cannabis. Researchers were trying to find out what people's taste in music revealed about their lifestyles. The UK study also revealed that blues buffs are the most likely to have received a driving penalty.

Hip hop and dance music fans were more likely to have multiple sex partners and were among the biggest drug-takers surveyed. More than 2,500 people were interviewed for the study, which was published in the scientific journal Psychology of Music.

lol wut?

release the ****ing pear!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I always burn down a fat spliff while digging some Chopin.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Neo Evil11
lol wut?

release the ****ing pear!

People still won't stfu about that?

Is there any more information about these tests? They sound interesting...
Quote by GiantRaven

even with my high IQ I don't know what the point was of all those tests
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
What happens if like me, you enjoy all those genres?

Whoops, I just broke the universe again.
Quote by GiantRaven

I remember there were articles on UG about an Australian and British test. The australian one showed that heavy metal fans are most likely to steal, take drugs and hurt themselves intentionally.
The British one showed that metal fans are actually sensetive and emotional people.
Quote by Jackolas
What happens if like me, you enjoy all those genres?

Whoops, I just broke the universe again.

Then you have all the bad qualities associated with all the fans of musical styles.

Actually, the one about hip hop and dance doesn't really surprise me. I don't like to refer to stereotypes, but if you think of the context, it makes sense:
Hip hop and dance music is played in clubs, where people go to pick up sexual partners, and often, when it gets INTENSE, to party hard under the influence.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by sashki
Then you have all the bad qualities associated with all the fans of musical styles.

I saw them all as good qualities.
i think that it goes the other way round, personality defines your taste, but perhaps a certain personality will draw you towards a certain type of music, that will help you to express your emotions best
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
As a psychology student myself it does seem that music reflects peoples personality. Its great stuff to look but then again you do get cultural differences ie the different results of brits from aussies regarding metal
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
I always burn down a fat spliff while digging some Chopin.

haha great