So, pricewise, looking at around £800, 50 watts and ideally a head with a 2x12 cab.

Cheers!
Funny words.
looked at a Laney VH100r?

or a TT50C

the head's only like 450 at guitarguitar and theyre shit hot amps
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
looked at a Laney VH100r?

or a TT50C

the head's only like 450 at guitarguitar and theyre shit hot amps

Ah I've been looking at a TT50 to try one out...What are they like gain-wise? Do they get as high-gain as the ENGL? And what are they like for more modern-voicings?
Funny words.
im no high gain expert but a TT will blow your face off

and do cleans too

see, jus like engl =]

VH isnt too far behind in the versatility stakes too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
those tts are ex-demo, i think. if you're willing to chance it, then it's probably a good deal (assuming the tubes aren't about to go). i didn't think the tt sounded anything like engl high gain, though, it's more an 80s rock/metal/shred tone if you ask me.

is the £800 for the head + cab, or just for the head?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
those tts are ex-demo, i think. if you're willing to chance it, then it's probably a good deal (assuming the tubes aren't about to go). i didn't think the tt sounded anything like engl high gain, though, it's more an 80s rock/metal/shred tone if you ask me.

is the £800 for the head + cab, or just for the head?

Well, I've been offered a Laney 2x12 cab and TT50H for £650, so, if I can squeeze out a slightly more modern tone (think Dream Theater), then I'd be more than happy to spend that, if however, it's not what I want, then hopefully £800 for both cab and head.
Funny words.
k. if you ask me, the vh100r sounded closer to a powerball than the tt, but if at all possible, i'd try both. also, maybe try an engl screamer, it might sound closer again. but it might be over budget. should be under if you'd be willing to go with the combo, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To be honest, I'm not sure the Laneys suggested are going to satisfy the TS's ENGL desires. The VH can certainly get gainy enough, but it's not that super-tight saturated modern tone.

The Fireball is definitely a good suggestion. Is there a particular reason you're limiting it to 50w?
Quote by Nolly
To be honest, I'm not sure the Laneys suggested are going to satisfy the TS's ENGL desires. The VH can certainly get gainy enough, but it's not that super-tight saturated modern tone.

The Fireball is definitely a good suggestion. Is there a particular reason you're limiting it to 50w?

Well I've got a 100W Peavey atm and there's just no way I can drive it anywhere near it's potential, obviously I won't be able to fully with a 50w, but I'll have a better chance.
Funny words.
Sorry to dissapoint, but if you want an ENGL powerball you just need to save up for one. Otherwise you'd just end up getting it later anyway.
WTLTL 2011