Helloes, first of all, I don't know if I've spelled the word "advice" correctly. :S Looks a bit weird to me, but anyway! To the problem, a'ight!

This christmas, I'll be getting a Floor POD from a relative. The thing is, can I practice with only the Floor POD or do you "advice" me to buy a new amp? (Read the sig, bad amp.. Low-end Behringer stuff, lol.) I mean, if I'm just going to practice by myself, mostly using headphones?

Uuh.. Hope I didn't mess everything up and get bombs sent home to me.. Since that would be a tragedy.

Applepie,
Rukasu Rindu
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
You can use headphones, yeah.
If you ever play live at a place with a PA, you can run it directly into that.
Otherwise, you'll have to put it into your bad amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Here is a bit of help from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

advice: (noun) recommendation regarding a decision or course of conduct
advise: (verb) to give advice to

Now that we got that settled...

If you have the money or have a relative who is willing to spend the money (as a gift) then a better amp can never hurt you!

However, I believe the floor pod has a headphone jack on it so you could just jam that way if you didn't want to use the amp.
Hmm.. Mkay, thanks. ^^ But now you'll have to explain what a PA is. ;o Could you? ^^

Cherry/Strawberry cake,
Rukasu Rindu
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
Hmm.. Mkay, thanks. ^^ But now you'll have to explain what a PA is. ;o Could you? ^^

Cherry/Strawberry cake,
Rukasu Rindu

A PA is basically a power amp plugged into speakers - you run your mics (and sometimes instruments) through a PA to amplify them.

This is a PA system, just to give you an example:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-KPM8420T-KPC215H-PA-Package?sku=630570
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Here is a bit of help from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

advice: (noun) recommendation regarding a decision or course of conduct
advise: (verb) to give advice to

Uuh.. Sorry, but I still don't get it. >.< Or.. Is it like.. I got an advice from a guy who advised me? Something like that, no?

Applesauce hotdog,
Rukasu Rindu

EDIT: Thanks for explaining to me about the PA. ^^
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
.. Is it like.. I got advice from a guy who advised me? Something like that, no?

Yes, that's it!

And you're welcome man - we are all just here to help out.