Okay, so I'm pretty sure I own everything I could possibly need to make this happen, I'm just missing something important. My goal: make electro-pop music like Hellogoodbye, Owl City, Etc.

I have:
MicroKorg
M-Audio MIDI Controller (25 key)
Macbook with:
Pro Tools + Mbox
Garageband
Ableton Live
iDrum
A buttload of other plugins

All I want to do is program some beats, and have the microkorg sync up so the arpeggiator and drums are at a matched tempo, and everything is nice and synchronized. Then I want to be able to record everything that I'm doing. I thought it would be simple, apparently it is not nearly as simple as I thought it would be. Any help would be appreciated!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Anybody? Should I get a midi cable and connect to ableton and sync the midi clock? Is that how it works?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Okay, I'm bumping this because nobody seems to want to help me. All I want to do now is make a drum track that I can program myself and have play in my song. I CAN NOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS. I don't get it, is it really that hard? I think I'm going to stick to pro tools for this stuff, unless it's way easier in ableton live. Can ANYBODY help me please?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
It's not that we don't want to help, but you listed quite a bit of software and asked an unspecific question.

Have you read the manuals on how to make each of those pieces of software work? You may need to contact them for support.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic