Im planning on getting a MXR 10-band EQ, but im thinking i only really would need it for recording, but then wouldnt the EQ on the mixing desk/plugins do the job better?

Cheers
No unless you can somehow get the mixing desk to work between the preamp and poweramp

Its actually a pedal that is truly worth the expense and has a ton of other features besides tone shaping.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
No unless you can somehow get the mixing desk to work between the preamp and poweramp

Its actually a pedal that is truly worth the expense and has a ton of other features besides tone shaping.

Cool thanks, i think ill go ahead with that then.... oh if anyone wants a behringer EQ they can buy it off me!!
Quote by vitchb
Cool thanks, i think ill go ahead with that then.... oh if anyone wants a behringer EQ they can buy it off me!!

Try selling it to some 13 year old in some high school, and say it will make him sound like metallica
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by IbanezPsycho

+1 my MXR is alot better then the one in my mixer.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD