Alright?

Well I'm in the midst of building a telecaster, Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, solid black with chrome scratchplate, and have routed the body for H neck and S/C bridge.

Can anybody sudgest any good pups? I want a nice warm sound in the neck, ideal for some bluesy solos, and i want a nice sharp tone in the bridge, for some high distortion stuff. Passive pickups please, I'd love EMG's but the routing is a pain for me to do, and i dont like the look of the plastic covers with the chrome.

Price range of about £120

Also, will I need a higher k pot for the humbucker, and if so, will it make the single coil too sharp?

*bows down to the gods that are UG's guitarists*

Ta much

Tobias
Alnico II on the bridge.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
Alnico II on the bridge.

You mean neck right?
I'm looking to buy an Epi Valve Standard. If you've got one up for grabs in the Uk, PM me and let me know.
Quote by Robdir
You mean neck right?

of course. . .
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Ah, that's a conundrum.
You see, if you install a 500K pot, then the neck humbucker will have enough treble. However, the bridge single coil will almost assuredly have too much treble.
If you install a 250K pot, the bridge pickup will sound fine, but the neck pickup will most likely sound fairly muddy (the neck position is already warm). Of course, you did say you wanted a warm neck humbucker...

My thoughts?
You can do one of two things...
1 - install a 300-350 K pot. This is a good compromise, as the single coil won't be too bright, and the neck humbucker won't be too warm. Some neck humbuckers even like 300K.
2 - Install concentric pots, a 500K one for the humbucker, and a 250K for the bridge. This way, you can have independent volume controls for both pickups, and tone controls as well.