It's really annoying the shit out of me at this point. I have been playing/taking lessons for 1 year now and we are literally still at the same place music theory wise. Sheet music we are still doing the same crap over and over and are progressing ridiculously slow. Practicing crappy chord songs bore me. And improvising with him is repetitive and really getting old. We use the same backtracks/scales over and ****ing over. Seriously I'm sick of just playing blues all the damn time I wanna learn other scales too.

Are these good reasons or am I just being a prick?
Just try talking to your teacher, you don't have to quit, just tell him what you want to do and he should help you out/teach you that.

Also, after a year of playing, you can't expect to be incredible, for my first year I had to be taught from a book, but now I'm learning Jazz in my lessons and anything else by myself.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
patience young padawan
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
You have good reasons to quit I suppose. Before you do anything, try having a talk with him and tell him that you feel you're not being challenged enough, and tell him other things you want to work on. I would do that, and maybe give it another month to see how he does. If he continues to do the same thing, I would quit. I wouldn't completely stop taking lessons if I were you. I would consider getting a different teacher, one who can accually help you, rather then you paying for lessons and feeling as if you're getting nowere. At the time you have lessons though, try learning as much as you can while you're home, even if it's stuff he hasn't given you, it will show more improvement and the new teacher will see how you're progressing and continue to give you more technical/better things to go over.
When I first started I practiced like crazy. Now the thought of practicing sheet music is demotivating for me. Because it makes me feel like I'm not progressing anymore. I have told him that I wanted to learn different scales. We would do it once and never do it again. I've pretty much made up my mind about this. I feel like I can teach myself music theory. My friend use to take lessons from him. Now I fully understand why he also quit. I'll probably buy a MT book and just teach myself and move at my own pace.
I think you should talk to him about it.

US@guitarist: "It's really annoying the shit out of me at this point. I have been playing/taking lessons for 1 year now and we are literally still at the same place music theory wise. Sheet music we are still doing the same crap over and over and are progressing ridiculously slow. Practicing crappy chord songs bore me. And improvising with you is repetitive and really getting old. We use the same backtracks/scales over and ****ing over. Seriously I'm sick of just playing blues all the damn time I wanna learn other scales too."

Guitar teacher: "So what do you want to do?"

*US@guitarist tells Guitar teacher what he wants to do*

Guitar teacher: "Aight, let's do it"
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard