when playing fast ascending runs on my high E string, it seems like my notes are going sharp even though when i use my tuner for any note (0-12, 12-24) it's all in tune. its like the notes are going sharp only if i play fast-- i looked at my tuner while i played and the notes actually ARE sharp...
Last edited by Acquiescence at Sep 11, 2008,
If you tell us what sort of guitar you have i'm sure someone will tell you how to fix the problem. you have to adjust the length of the string on the bridge, that should fix any intonation problems.
Last edited by EatShreddies at Sep 11, 2008,
You're pressing the strings to hard when you go fast and pulling them sharp.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by EatShreddies
If you tell us what sort of guitar you have i'm sure someone will tell you how to fix the problem. you have to adjust the length of the string on the bridge

um i know exactly how to intonate my guitar--- it's fine intonated if you actually read my post--- its just when i play like faster on my high e string the notes seem to go sharp for some reason
you're pressing too hard on jumbo frets most likely, (like said)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by gwitersnamps
You're pressing the strings to hard when you go fast and pulling them sharp.

exactly what i was thinking
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
but the thing is that the E open is sharp when i play fast---- im not fretting anything for that

i repeat everything with my intonation is fine when i play a bit slower
If you have a FR, are you resting your hand on it?

or hell maybe if you're fret hand is really tense, you could be pulling the neck back.
Quote by Acquiescence
but the thing is that the E open is sharp when i play fast---- im not fretting anything for that

i repeat everything with my intonation is fine when i play a bit slower

Then you're just picking harder when you're going fast and either pulling the string over the nut or, if it's a locking trem, pushing on the tremelo. But my bet is you are either fretting or picking too hard. My advice is either lighten your touch or get thicker strings. The higher tension should help.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50