There is a thin line in the neck of the guitar I just bought. It is not the line between the binding and the neck. It is maybe 1-2 millimeters below that line. It's thinner than it looks in the pictures. Is it a crack or something else? Is it serious or just cosmetic? If you bought the guitar online and the person didn't mention it, would you be pissed? Thanks.

I know the pics aren't too clear, but my camera won't take close-ups.
Last edited by diatom at Oct 16, 2008,
Eh... doesn't look too bad. I'd just start worrying about it if it started getting bigger.
O O

___
it's too hard to tell with those pictures.

can you feel it? I am guessing if it is a crack in the wood, it must have cracked the finish.

but, it looks like it just the grain of the wood, like someone else said.
SRV R.I.P.
I can feel it. Here are three better pictures in one:
i say its a crack but i may be wrong
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
what guitar is it and how much did you pay for it?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
looks like the binding is messed up. may have taken a fall. looking at that joint crack.

sorry so obvious.
but yeah he should have pointed this out.

the side crack shouldnt be a problem unless it separates with pressure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the one on the neck looks pretty nasty. as long as it doesnt get bigger i wouldnt worry about it. nor the one on the fret board. its after the 22'nd (or 24th) fret so its not going to effect playability. the only one i would worry about is on the neck. so just make sure it doesnt spread.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
The fingerboard is pretty clearly cracked. The binding appears to be coming off the neck. Just a guess, the wood probably shrank. Or it expanded, then shrank. You have to be careful about temperature and moisture extremes.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
It's a that I paid $500 for. The auction very clearly stated that the neck and frets were in very good condition.
Quote by diatom
It's a Jackson Professional that I paid $500 for. The auction very clearly stated that the neck and frets were in very good condition.

then they lied
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.