im looking for a fifteen watter tube for under a grand (usd)

whihc of these would you say is best for me if i want to get good classic rock tones.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH15112-Handsome-Devil-Series-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=483097

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=483711X

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC15CC1-Custom-Classic-1x12-Tube-Amp?sku=482625

or
http://www.humbuckermusic.com/ortitecoinst.html

ive been GASing for an orange so i really want that one. but if i cant make the 800$ should i get a blackheart or a vox? the fender is my least favorite

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

They are both voiced differently. The blackheart and vox are british voiced. This makes them sound darker. This also makes their distortion better sounding for classic rock.

The blues junior is a clean amp, while the vox and blackhearts have less spectacular cleans but better distortion.

If you can't get the TT, get the Ac15.

Come over to the vintage amp thread, we'll help you out more if you want.
if you got a grand to spend, you could get a hell of a lot bigger than 15w
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
i know you get screwed for laney in america but if youre willing to pay a little over the odds a laney VC would give you awesome classic rock marshally crunch

you could almost get a used JCM800 combo for that though, amirite?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
get the Fender Princeton RI or the Fender Deluxe Reverb RI. they are both under 1,000$ and are 15 watts (Princeton) and 20 watts (Deluxe Rvrb).
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
1.-orange
2.-vox
3.-blackheart
4.-fender

thats the order for classic rock IMO
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by rageagainst64

Why would he? Amp tone is not measured in wattage.
I'd say get the Vox. The cleans are gonna be pretty good, very mid heavy and not as shiny and bright as most Fenders. The Blues Junior is actually pretty mid heavy for a Fender, but not as muchso as the Vox or Blackheart. It has nowhere near the gain of the Vox and Blackheart though. If it was my decision to make I'd get the Vox.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

If you wern't too hung up about the 15 watt thing i'd say an AC30, they're excellent classic rock amps but i do admit they're VERY loud. AS for the Orange, you're being totally ripped off for them over there, for once we're getting a better deal in Europe than ye get in the States.
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by rageagainst64

i am ordering a splawn superstock within 2 months which i will use as my main gigging amp

but i want a 15 watter that i can use in my bedroom, crank for recording, and have it bve used with a drummer if neccesary

this thread was not intended for you to tell me i should get something im not looking for

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Get the blackheart. Seeing as you live in the States, any brit amp won't be worth the insane price you'll be paying for it.
how do you guys think these amps compare for eachother

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

the brit ones ( tt, laney, ac15) are much better, but are also very expensive in the US.

The blackheart is ok, but the TT really gives you a great rock sound, while the ac15 gives you a nice, clean, chimey 60's blues-rock sound.
Quote by timzee117
i am ordering a splawn superstock within 2 months which i will use as my main gigging amp

but i want a 15 watter that i can use in my bedroom, crank for recording, and have it bve used with a drummer if neccesary

this thread was not intended for you to tell me i should get something im not looking for

15 watts? For cranking & recording? I'd be looking at .5-5 watts for that.
Quote by forsaknazrael
15 watts? For cranking & recording? I'd be looking at .5-5 watts for that.

i looked into them already i'd much prefer a 15 watter

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

find a peavey classic 20. It was the best 15 watt amp i ever had. It was a real tone monster. I got rid of it because I needed something a little bigger to be heard over a drummer so now I have a Delta Blues.
IMO, the Epi Valve Standard is better than the Black Heart Handsome Devil.
if you have a grand to spend the Egnater rebel 20 is freakin sweet. the head is $600 and the matching 1x12 cab is $250.
Last edited by mmjohn at Sep 12, 2008,