Hey guys, as it stands right now I'm starting to really get into blues/alt. Some softer stuff. I'm looking for a hollow body guitar that can play those two genres well. I have stuff specifically for harder rock stuff already, so this will be used for nothing but blues and light stuff. I have about 500 bucks to work with for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Epiphone Dot is the obvious choice, along with Ibanez Artcore, if you find a good one.

EDIT: I also heard Electromatic series Gretsches are really good, like the Electromatic Pro Jet.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 11, 2008,
epi sheraton would be my first choice
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
wow, so many responses so quickly. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I now have a list to take with me on my next trip to the shop.
Quote by tfotguitarist
fender telecaster semi hollow

This is what I was gonna say.

Indie/alt and blues?

Can't get any better than a semi-hollow tele.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by pENTAcUBE
wow, so many responses so quickly. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I now have a list to take with me on my next trip to the shop.

I hear great things about Reverend's semi-hollows, both the bolt on neck series Club King and the set-neck Manta Ray. (buddy of mine picked up a Club King recently and he loves it, his other guitar is an Eric Johnson strat). The revtron pick-ups have a very diverse range, especially with the bass contour knob. They are not available at the big chain stores, generally can find them at some smaller mom and pop shops or online:

http://www.reverendguitars.com/

axenut
Quote by Phill-Rock
This is what I was gonna say.

Indie/alt and blues?

Can't get any better than a semi-hollow tele.

I concur.