I've been my schools policy debate team for two years and despite popular belief, its pretty fun. Tomorrow I'm heading off to a debate tournament at Wake Forest in North Carolina. So i was wondering, does anyone else on UG do debate? (Policy, Lincoln-Douglas, etc). Or anyone in the speech half, like extemporaneous, humorous interp., etc? (as it is Speech and Debate). And yea i'll concede its inherent nerdiness.
Everyone on UG is a debater.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by StratoTele
I contradict that point.

Oh yeah? Contradict this

*points to crotch*
Another member leaves after a reference to my crotch.

Take that, vatican.
hey TS, how do you find Inherency??? i can't find anything! I need to present a 1AC in class next week and i can't find any inherency!!!

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
Quote by GooGooFluffers
hey TS, how do you find Inherency??? i can't find anything! I need to present a 1AC in class next week and i can't find any inherency!!!

Ask your rich grandfather.
Quote by StratoTele

Hey, you were supposed to leave, do so before I debate on you!....
Quote by StratoTele

shut up i'm being serious
and i don't have a rich grandfather...

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

I debate all the time in real life by virtue of being into Politics, History and Philosophy. I'm planning of joining my college's debate team this year, something I couldn't do last year.
Quote by GooGooFluffers

Inherency is just like why the status quo doesn't currently solve for the problem. For example, this years topic is "The United States federal government should substantially increase alternative energy incentives in the United States." So an example of inherency evidence would be like evidence proving that policymakers are currently not moving toward legislation that would increase alternative energy incentives.
can you give me some suggestions to google for biofuels?
i really can't find anything...

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Faux
Sounds cool. What is sixth forms? i don't think we have that in America

Years 1 - 6 = Lower/Junior School
Years 7 - 11 = High School

Mandatory Education ends

Years 12 - 13 = College/Sixth Form
After that = University
Quote by Faux
I've been my schools policy debate team for two years and despite popular belief, its pretty fun. Tomorrow I'm heading off to a debate tournament at Wake Forest in North Carolina. So i was wondering, does anyone else on UG do debate? (Policy, Lincoln-Douglas, etc). Or anyone in the speech half, like extemporaneous, humorous interp., etc? (as it is Speech and Debate). And yea i'll concede its inherent nerdiness.

to TS: When you debated at Wake did you come across Kevin and Misael from Whitney Young in Chicago? I think they placed like 25th.

And yea I debate, but I'm only a novice