I use drop c alot and any time I tune my guitar, my high D string snaps Ive never found out why and would like some hints for prevention.
Where does it snap, at the bridge or the nut or inbetween?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Do you have a trem? As you lower one string the bridge goes down, and it snapped my G string. But then again if that was it, it'd probably be obviously and you wouldn't be posting here... lol
Did have your guitar properly set up for 12's?it could be that there is too much tension with your current setup or you could try filing down the saddle if thats not the case.
Last edited by nido at Sep 11, 2008,
You sure you aren't tuning your high D up a whole scale...? Improbable but you never know.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
are you sure your not turning it too high? I know its a noobish mistake but I once turned my g string past g and tried to make it go to a higher g by mistake once. smacked me right in the face
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
are you sure your not turning it too high? I know its a noobish mistake but I once turned my g string past g and tried to make it go to a higher g by mistake once. smacked me right in the face

Read post #16 then come back.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
oh, nevermind.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by slipknot1991
I didnt know there was a specific way it had to be set up for 12's
That right there is your problem.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
get the guitar set up by a pro?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.